What's new

Sorry, but I gotta know...

jessman1988

Banned
Is Nemu still being worked on at all? I've heard no updates for some time. Please don't flame me. This is the first N64 emulator I've used, and now it seems so...........old. I'm hoping to see it shine again someday.

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
The 0.8 release isn't too old, but still not on the level of PJ64 or 1964. AFAIK Nemu is dead, I think Lemmy stated that after 0.8's release.

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
Jeez. That sucks, lol. Nemu was what got me into N64 emulation. It's just sad...

Well, thanks for telling me...

Allnatural

jessman1988 said:
Jeez. That sucks, lol. Nemu was what got me into N64 emulation. It's just sad...
Yeah, and NESten got me into emulation in general, but that's just the way it goes. :)

vleespet

The decent one
Note that nemu's performance and compatibility can dramatically be increased by modifying the ini file (like Federelli, Harteex and Mightyrocket did). They managed to get the emulator at pretty high level, but like cooliscool stated, it's not at 1964's level but it's in general faster than pj64.

SubDrag

vleespet said:
Note that nemu's performance and compatibility can dramatically be increased by modifying the ini file (like Federelli, Harteex and Mightyrocket did). They managed to get the emulator at pretty high level, but like cooliscool stated, it's not at 1964's level but it's in general faster than pj64.

It has breakpoints, none of the others do, and very good debugging options. It's brilliantly useful, none others come close in that respect.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
vleespet said:

LOL. I find it hard to believe that idiot mightyrocket did anything correctly. :p

vleespet

The decent one
cooliscool said:
LOL. I find it hard to believe that idiot mightyrocket did anything correctly. :p
He was actually a N64-emu genius, but he wasn't that good with res-hacking :p