What's new

pop idol game slowdowns

ChronusDark

has anyone played the pop idol game for GBA on an emulator yet...i am having major slowdown probs and i have a really good machine the voices are really broke up too if anyone has found a setting combo to improve this please tell me

Trotterwatch

I am ashamed to admit it but I played this the other night, didn't notice any slowdowns. Though I think if you perform the songs crap, then it will actually distort.

Stezo2k

S-2K
ah, i checked your specs, and i can't see any reason for slow down, are your video card drivers up to date?

OP
ChronusDark

ChronusDark

all my drivers are up to date...i use visual boy advance
it seems to do this to all my games...the sound will be fine at one moment then just randomly i will get slowdowns and sound garbles(is that a word?) its really odd as this is the only program i have on my computer that does this...

OP
ChronusDark

ChronusDark

Trotterwatch said:
Are you sure you aren't just being crap at the game like I said above?
yea im pretty sure.......it also happens in every other rom i have ....the sound will be fine at one moment then garbled and staticy the next i have the latest VBA and i even tried lowering the sound sampling rate if someone with perfect sound posted their INI or sound settings i would apprecieate it cuz apparently something is mis configured

OP
ChronusDark

ChronusDark

stezo thank you so much your ini made my VBA work so much better..im not sure what i did to mess it up tho..im compareing the ini's to seee what the prob was thanks very much