Not open for further replies.
M

mainframe19

why not make a dsp plugin, for the emu?
that whould be like pj64's rsp plugin!
meaning it could tell the your sound card to do the sound,
and your gfx card to do the gfx.and the cpu can compile all of the rest of the
code.

don't dsp stand for dircet sound processor???

vleespet

The decent one
Lightknight... Ehrm Mainframe19, at first Dolphin is in its first stages, and it isn't that easy to develop some kinda plugin (in n64 emulation the first rsp saw the light 2 years after the first commercial-game emulator), so just give them some time .

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
vleespet said:
Lightknight... Ehrm Mainframe19, at first Dolphin is in its first stages, and it isn't that easy to develop some kinda plugin (in n64 emulation the first rsp saw the light 2 years after the first commercial-game emulator), so just give them some time .

... Don't forget the incredible rate of progress and speed that this emu has been developed at :)

Vegetable

Banned
Shadow-Gx said:
i also have an idea
what about -Distance fog-
that will be a good way to improve performance!
LOL, er won't you need to actually hack the rom to add that in?
Besides, if you could program that into an emu, what I think would be cooler, is fog removal.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Vegetable said:
LOL, er won't you need to actually hack the rom to add that in?
Besides, if you could program that into an emu, what I think would be cooler, is fog removal.

Heh.

Nah, you'd just have to set a clip distance (say, certain Z ranges) and fade them or just add a haze layer over them. You could certainly add that in the emulator.

Hell, some N64 graphics plugins DON'T emulate fog by default... you have to check a little box that says 'emulate fog'. :)

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
Tagrineth said:
Nah, you'd just have to set a clip distance (say, certain Z ranges) and fade them or just add a haze layer over them. You could certainly add that in the emulator.

Yeah that'd probably be a nice effect to have...

P.s. what the **** is with your sig? Random! :)

kage

Shadow-Gx said:
i also have an idea
what about -Distance fog-
that will be a good way to improve performance!

I KNOW!!! Instead of distance fog, have it really close like, like right at the front of the screen. And it might be a good idea to make it so dense that you totaly couldn't see through it. That would fix all the graphical problems to date, and any future ones that may arrise!

(Sadly I feel like I may HAVE to say I'm not serious here people, just a touch 'O humour, K?)

:ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.