What's new

Goldneye Problem

watts320

Whats the best settings to run Goldeneye with smooth speed and perfect sound??

Because the sound sounds erm.. jumpy

Thanks

Clements

With the default plugins you need a mammoth CPU to get good speed and sound with Goldeneye. Try using 1964 with Jabo's Sound with RSP, OR an Azimer plugin such as 0.40 Beta 2. Use either Jabo's or Rice's for graphics, whichever is faster. The more fps you get, the better the audio becomes.

OP
W

watts320

Clements said:
With the default plugins you need a mammoth CPU to get good speed and sound with Goldeneye. Try using 1964 with Jabo's Sound with RSP, OR an Azimer plugin such as 0.40 Beta 2. Use either Jabo's or Rice's for graphics, whichever is faster. The more fps you get, the better the audio becomes.

Dont mean to be awquard but i prefer PJ64. Its alot easyer then 1964.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
pj64 also requires more CPU power and is slower than 1964. the point is, using 1964 will give you a dramatic speed boost and consequently less sound stuttering.

tekvic

I am having a control problem with goldeneye.

I am using a Gravis Gamepad Pro and when ever the auto aim kicks in, and I shoot I look at the floor for 5+ seconds every time.

anyone else having this problem?

revl8er

That Damn Good
Try calibrating your controller in the control panel of your pc. Also check to make sure that your controller is set up right. Also if you aren't using it already try using nrage's plugin.

Trotterwatch

If you are using 1964 now as suggested start the game and press CTRL + 3 - hopefully it should run at a better speed for you now.

OP
W

watts320

What ever it did mate, thanks.. i owe u one. Its going good now.. few stutters every now and then but its perfect. Cheers.

Trotterwatch

By default 1964 sets Goldeneye to CF1 (counter factor). This is the smoothest I've found, but also takes the fastest PC to work well - your PC is slowed down by the graphics chipset I would imagine.

CF2 I find to be fun to use as well for this game :) super speed, lol