What's new

Excellent Emulator!

Whobetta

Wow this is an excellent emulator. Probably the fastest and most compatible N64 emulator since corn in my opinion so far. It runs most games near full speed on my system Celeron 466 and Geforce 2mx with 192mb ram. I can't believe it! Even the biggest games like Zelda are near perfectly playable and games like Diddy Kong Racing work near perfect . I want to think the creators and hope they keep up the good work!

schibo

Emulator Developer

Hey, if ya haven't tried it, those are two games that should work fine in the 32bit core. Right click one of those games in the rom browser and select "Yes" to "Assume 32bit", and it wil give you more speed. Not all games will behave completely properly with it on (because the N64 is 64bit), but I'm fairly confident these 2 are fine.

schibo

Last edited:
OP
W

Whobetta

Yeah!

Yeah it worked for zelda and it is more faster! But diddy kong racing locks up after the title screen when i enable it..

r3b00t

Is it normal to have 2 glitches in the beginning intro, where you only see link and the rest of the screen is garbled up?
And does anybody know what's the difference between the 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 roms of this game?

P.S.

Where can i find a whole library of the older video/sound plugins?
The emulation64 sites are down

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
r3b00t said:
Is it normal to have 2 glitches in the beginning intro, where you only see link and the rest of the screen is garbled up?
And does anybody know what's the difference between the 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 roms of this game?

P.S.

Where can i find a whole library of the older video/sound plugins?
The emulation64 sites are down

1.0 - Original Version(duh...)
1.1 - Removed Chants in Fire Temple
1.2 - Gannandorf - spews green blood instead of red
(I might have mixed up 1.1 and 1.2)
-Bug fixes with each new version

this site doesnt hav all the old ones, but quite a few! Smiff's site

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Whobetta said:
Yeah it worked for zelda and it is more faster! But diddy kong racing locks up after the title screen when i enable it..

theres also missing polygons (u can see through diddy's face!). it is very common among games with 32bit on to be missing some sort of gfx.

more examples:

-tony hawk pro skater 2(missing polygons)

-smash brothers(using this with the Jabo1.3 gfx and 32bit will cause ,among other things,the cursor in character selection screen to disappear)

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
youre not running under a kyro chipset(aka 3dprophet(not 3dprophet1 2 or 3 but the 4000 4500 ones)?
if so i have the same problem, i got around it by using jabo 1.3 and switching the transforms to internal and leaving everything else at default.

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
little_dogus1 said:
youre not running under a kyro chipset(aka 3dprophet(not 3dprophet1 2 or 3 but the 4000 4500 ones)?
if so i have the same problem, i got around it by using jabo 1.3 and switching the transforms to internal and leaving everything else at default.

no dogus, it has nothing to do with ur chipset.

the dissappearing cursor happens to everyone using the jabo1.4 gfx. however, if u use 'assume 32bit' along with ur workaround(jabo 1.3 & internal transform), it will make the cursor dissappear again(just like when u use jabo1.4).