What's new

Zelda graphical glitch

Mandrake7170

As seen in the attached picture, I get these white lines in the background everytime I access the Item selection screen in either OoT or Master Quest. I'm currently using a TNT2 (with 53.03 Detonator drivers) and I don't remember ever seeing those lines when playing the game on a GeForce2 MX 200 or a GeForce4 Ti 4200, so I guess it has something to do with the card. Tried fiddling with the options, and disabling internal geometry seems to fix it, but that messes up with other things in the game.

If there is any way to get rid of those lines, I would like you know and I'd be much obliged.

revl8er

That Damn Good
It probably has something to do with the gfx card. I think it might be too old for the plugin you are using. You might wanna try other plugins such as glide or gln64 for this game.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yeah, probably a card related issue, maybe has problems with internal geometry (ex, non DX geometry). Works fine here.

(pay no attention to the icons, just some beta exploration).

OP
M

Mandrake7170

Here's what it looks like in my OoT game.

Does that mean there's no way to fix it? This is on PJ64 1.5 using Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin. If there is another plugin I could use, could you please tell me which exactly and where I could get it from? Or possibly another emulator, even though I don't prefer using anything other than PJ.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Try Orkin's GLn64.. it should be better, if not noticably perfect.

(I forgot about gln64 in my last post.) ;)

edit: I'm using a GeForce4 MX 440 64MB DDR 8X AGP, just incase you were wondering.

Last edited: