What's new

How do i burn a gcm file

Status
Not open for further replies.

kage

OK I'm gonna try and field this one, anyone out there feel free to correct me on any of my points.

1. Gamecube Discs are not just mini-CD's they are mini DVD's

2. Gamecube Discs are written from the outside in not the inside out, so I dont think that using mini-DVD's is an option either.

3. Why would you want to burn a GCM (You may not answer "Because I downloaded it and want to play it on my Gamecube.") If you're doing it for a backup, it will probably just be cheaper in the long run to just buy a second copy of your game :p

4. If you just want to burn it for archeival purposes, just use Nero or any other piece of burning software, assuming it will fit.

Hope that helps.

:ninja:

OP
T

T101

Thats all just use nero and make a data disk of the gcm.
Why would it be cheaper to just go and buy the game. Because i heard
that you dont need a modchip for your gamecube to play copied games.

MrRatt

You may or may not need a modchip. What you need is a disc burnt outside-in, which isn't how the current DVD burners do it. You may never be able to play burnt games on your gamecube.

HOWEVER you can stream games off the computer, which creates problems of it's own, without a modchip. You might as well still NOT burn the game. No point really, unless you burn the .gcm's as data files.

Gorxon

Administrator
This has NOTHING to do with Dolphin; this is a Dolphin forum, not a general GC talk forum. There are other places to talk about things like that. Considering a ban because of all this stream talk, but I'll let it slip through this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.