Viper Racing (MGI /Sierra Sports) crashes
frequently, including Windows crashes,
blue screens of death Windows fatal exception 0E usually ,sometimes 06 and
sometimes Windows protection errors!!
What's going on...??? Does Viper Racing
have a timing problem with 1 ghz CPUs
and higher??? That's weird.

RadeonUser

Simple, de-clock it and your problems are gone.

Sorry, but... This warrants no support from us... Clearly you are running the CPU to high to run stable at that clockspeed.

I have moved this thread in hopes that these guys can better help you. My advice is to bump up the CPU voltage and get a better heatsink and fan combo if possible.

Last edited:
OP
R

RJA

The PC Wiz
Well, RadeonUser, there are no signs that the processor is overheating

My motherboard, Soyo SY-K7VTA-B has hardware monitoring functions: processor temp. , case temp. , processor fan speed
, case fan speed and voltages. The processor temp. and processor fan speed hardware monitoring settings are set to alert
me if the processor gets to 140 F or above and if the processor fan is not working properly. The status was not lokking alarming
when I checked it. I think I will bump up the voltage by 0.025 V
and see if that fixes that. I'm not having crashes with Project 64
and all my other games, so far, just Viper Racing (MGI/Sierra Sports) usually during a race. That's weird.

RadeonUser

Well, some games are Hardware intensive... I don't know about any CPU crunching apps, but... if you have SiSoft SANDRA, try running a couple of loops (maybe 50 or so just ro make sure, overnight is usually best) on the CPU Arithmetic and CPU Multimedia tests. If it passes those, then... I was wrong in moving the thread :( As it may indeed be a PJ64 problem.

OP
R

RJA

The PC Wiz
No, RadeonUser, how many times do I have to say that PJ64 is not crashing

Most games are stable too!:hrm:

It's ONLY Viper Racing that's giving me the crashing problem!!!!

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
If it's only one game that is giving you problems then I suggest you go to the official site and get the latest patch, and check out the FAQ there.