What's new

GCM Compatability Tool *Update*

Loki

Hey guys / gals(?) !

I have updated the GCM Compatability Search Tool file with the new .exe, this includes a number of new things....

Database update. The program now allows you to check for updated GCM lists and download them. *This is still in testing but it seems to work*

Shurnk Sizes. For the games I own (and ripped), I have added the shrunk file size to the database. I'll need help with this folks, feel free to reply here with updated details etc, and I'll add them to the program.

It's all still up in the air at the mo, the program works pretty well, but is likely to be buggy for a while. Report any bugs etc, and I'll get em all outta there asap.... :D

Thanks guys!

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
A very impressive tool so far Loki. Let's see more of this guys!

As for bugs and features, I get an unimplemented opcode every time I start it up. minor or not, it's there :D. As a feature request, maybe you can put in a button to list all the current games in the window, instead of one at a time? I wasn't sure which games were actually included in the list. This is AWESOME work Loki, where's everyone else when it comes to things like this?

Kid A

Nevermind
Here they are... 4 more games to add Loki
Great job!!!

007 James Bond Everything Or Nothing USA [GENE] - Non Bootable
The lord of the rings - The two towers USA [GLOE] - Non Bootable
NHL 2003 USA [G2KE] - Non Bootable
Reign Of Fire USA [GR9E] - Non Bootable

OP
Loki

Loki

bLAdEbLA said:
A very impressive tool so far Loki. Let's see more of this guys!

As for bugs and features, I get an unimplemented opcode every time I start it up. minor or not, it's there :D. As a feature request, maybe you can put in a button to list all the current games in the window, instead of one at a time? I wasn't sure which games were actually included in the list. This is AWESOME work Loki, where's everyone else when it comes to things like this?

Unimplemented opcode in the app? - really?
A button to list all the current games is easy to do, take a minute or two, next update...

Nice job kid_A. Keep it up! - Don't forgot Shrunk file sizes tho ! ;)

OP
Loki

Loki

New update!

Right, I'm off to bed, cos I'm bloody tired now, but I thought I'd let you all know about the new update...

---DOWNLOADS---
Full Program Zip
Updated EXE ONLY! - Just overwrite your existing .exe with this one.

As well as a new gcmList being uploaded (download with my GCM Searcher File -> Check for List updates).
I have added bLAdEbLA's request for listing the currently supported games (by the list, not the emulator!) - Database -> Show ALL GCM's - this will list all of the games currently in the database, with their names, id's, notes and (some) shrunk file sizes...

If you are running a website dedicated to the emu's progress, you can also dump the whole list out as HTML too (pointless I know, but it was fun and I was bored :p), this will write a 'compat.htm' file to the directory, that lists everything the program has.

There has also been some work done 'under-the-hood' trying to speed things up a little. I'm also in the process of adding graphic icons to make things a little easier to read too.

Remember I need your help:
Shrunk File Sizes, Games Not Listed, ID's not listed.....
New ideas, feedback etc is all welcome, please post responses here and I'll pick 'em up when I can, or email here: [email protected]

*Please note* ANY mails regarding how to obtain *.gcm / isos etc will be deleted. I only have info for the games that I own / have bought from retail stores or online e-shops. I don't agree with piracy and would rather keep it out of my inbox, thanks!

L8rs!

Vegetable

Banned
A little idea... How about a secret easter egg, like they did with snes 9x, adding a secret feature/picture/whatever. Good work man!
Oh and with the error message, I got the same thing, I just pressed ok, and it still ran for some reason.

OP
Loki

Loki

Vegetable said:
A little idea... How about a secret easter egg, like they did with snes 9x, adding a secret feature/picture/whatever. Good work man!
Oh and with the error message, I got the same thing, I just pressed ok, and it still ran for some reason.

Any chance that someone can post a shot of this error, that may make it easier for me to find it... Could be a windows thing.... The tool works normally after that though right? - Connect to get updates, searches etc...?

Vegetable

Banned
gcmerror.png

Hope that helps.

OP
Loki

Loki

Vegetable said:
gcmerror.png

Hope that helps.

Okay, ta. I think I know whats going on, if that happens when the program is started. I'll have to dig around in the tool's guts to figure this out though, cos I don't get that on my machine..... Next update (*maybe*).

Cheers!

OP
Loki

Loki

I need a life! :D

Okay, new version up. Just click the .EXE only link above, I haven't bothered to update the archive yet, doesn't seem much point....

Anyway, this one adds a couple of new things...

1] The main update is the icons in the list box. The program will display a small red cross for bad boot's, and a small green tick for the ones that work to some extent.

2] The tool shows you how many GCM's are currently listed in the statusbar text. I think the current count is 74! *sweet*

Anyway, more updates and features when I can think of em... :)

OP
Loki

Loki

05/03/04 *Update*

'ello
Okay both files have been updated. Included BeyBlade STB (thanks Kid A), to the list, so feel free to update.

The program has some fixes and some error checking in there too now. If you accidentally delete the list, it will ask if you want it downloaded, and then run off and fetch it. Also added the number of good and bad boots to the status bar.

Keep the info coming guys!

Kid A

Nevermind
Vegetable said:
When I click on database and then click show all gcm's, this shows up:
gcmerror2.png

And the list doesn't even show.

If you go to FILE - CHECK FOR LIST UPDATES that error dissapear.

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
Loki said:
05/03/04 *Update*

'ello
Okay both files have been updated. Included BeyBlade STB (thanks Kid A), to the list, so feel free to update.

The program has some fixes and some error checking in there too now. If you accidentally delete the list, it will ask if you want it downloaded, and then run off and fetch it. Also added the number of good and bad boots to the status bar.

Keep the info coming guys!

Continuing to be a mighty program Loki. Thanks for adding in that feature. More suggestions :

1. Incorporate the compatibility list (from the compatibility sticky we discussed, in that particular format that you suggested) in the program so whenever you call for information about the GCM it attaches relevant info such as boot codes and compatibility.

2. Keep up the excellent work.

OP
Loki

Loki

bLAdEbLA said:
Continuing to be a mighty program Loki. Thanks for adding in that feature. More suggestions :

1. Incorporate the compatibility list (from the compatibility sticky we discussed, in that particular format that you suggested) in the program so whenever you call for information about the GCM it attaches relevant info such as boot codes and compatibility.

2. Keep up the excellent work.

Cheers! - I'll get that list in ASAP. I'm working on a nice new update that allows people to create new lists themselves! Yay!
I'm also diggin' around in the guts of the list updater, wanted it so that other people could host their own lists, and the user could choose to download these should they wish too.

FYI: The check for updates, now launches another window, that simply lists the files on my FTP. Double click and it will download the same way, makes it a little less messy. I also fixed the connection freezing issue, which was really pissin' me off.

The major new update allows people to create their own lists, by filling out the information within the program. Take a look!

OP
Loki

Loki

Another Update.

Alright all!

Okay fixed a few bugs so it's okay to use now. New updates are as follows:

Create your own lists: *STILL BUGGY / IN TESTING*
The program now allows you to add entries to your own list. Simply fill all of the info out then add and save the file.

New Update Download Manager: *Quick and nasty - will improve*
Checking for updates now opens a window showing the actual files to download. This is in preparation for custom lists. You can choose which list file to download. The program will still check if your list is up to date, and if so, will not replace your existing file.

Funky Icons:
Added a load of icons to the program, to make it look nicer.

Bootable only checkbox:
Ticking this will, err, well only display bootable gcm's.

Window Resizing:
To make it easier to see all the info, I've made the window resizeable now. This was needed because the list is (and probably will be) containing more information about the GCM's.

Display custom GCM's:
This option will load and display your custom lists in the program, ready for exporting etc.

HTML Exporting:
Added the extra GCM info to the export code, so it now displays all up to date information (but it's still a useless feature :D).

Think that's about it, grab it from the usual place (see links in posts above). Or grab it from the GC Image Tools sticky once Gorxon has updated the hosted file :)

Enjoy!
L8rs.....

jensen515

hey, im just an ameture at this all and i downloaded the GCM combatability tool but i cant manage to download any GCMs, how does it work or what do i do?

OP
Loki

Loki

Oh dear....

Sorry, I think you've got confused somewhere. This tool is for searching a list of (so far) tested GCM's to find out how well they work within the dolphin emulator. You CANNOT download GCM's with it, nor will anyone else here tell you how, we use and rip our own store bought games, because pir8's kill industries....

The only thing you can download with this tool is updated GCM lists of compatability with dolphin. Not games.

OP
Loki

Loki

Arghhh!

I wouldn't bother trying to use the custom GCM list writer, it's completely arsed! - It seems I am writing the same data to the file 6 times. So it's buggered. Next update it will be fixed, sorry guys!

I'm working on porting the code to C++ too, so it'll be a little faster. That will come later though, seems to work well enough at the mo, don't you think?