What's new

Pixel Shader 2.0

Kiantsu

I unzip it, and when I click on it says

Could not find any compatible direct3D devices.

this aplication will now exits

what do I do with P.S. for seeing colours emulating Windwaker in dolphin teaser?

everything is black (not trees, doors and link; other characters are red)

Last edited:
OP
K

Kiantsu

and in video propertys, down of the video card and Device Type, apears Use Shaders, which shaders, because I click on it, click on accept, open again and is unclicked

OP
K

Kiantsu

what d'u mean? I bought a NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 with AGP8X 128MB, I think

what did u mean?

I bought it 2 months ago...

Last edited:

kage

Yes, you can have pixel shaders if your card supports pixel shaders. The way for you to have them is to get riud of your video card and buy a video card with pixel shaders :p

I really wouldn't recommend doing that exclusively for this emulator yet however, although the games are progressing at an amazing pace, thats a chunk of change to throw down for an emu still in development.

:ninja:

Gladiac0190

hmmm, gf4mx is the cheap solution of buying a grafics adapter... however, you won't be able to see pixel shaders on this device since it is based on a gf2 chipset which only supports dx7 extensions... Hmmm, does it already support dx8 extensions?... I'm not sure, but it definitely DOES NOT support dx9 and so --> NO Pixelshaders... sorry guy...

EDIT:
Hmmm, seems that you don't know, what the DX9-Application on Windows systems does, eh? This is a bit hard to describe since DirectX got really complex since version 6... It's a runtime which is needed by software, that uses DirectX Interfaces. (Direct3D for games, DirectDraw for Films, DirectSound for Music) But if your hardware does not support these extensions, DX and the software make use of fallbacks... Dolphin has no fallbacks, so... --> black ;D

Last edited:

dot|hack

Flash designer
Gladiac0190 said:
hmmm, gf4mx is the cheap solution of buying a grafics adapter... however, you won't be able to see pixel shaders on this device since it is based on a gf2 chipset which only supports dx7 extensions... Hmmm, does it already support dx8 extensions?... I'm not sure, but it definitely DOES NOT support dx9 and so --> NO Pixelshaders... sorry guy...
thats what i mean :D

Gladiac0190

Yes, it' impossible without the correct hardware... only software rendering would work theoretically with good combiners... but... your CPU would be too slow because this is why we all are buying grafics adapters ;D

Last edited:
OP
K

Kiantsu

what are graphics adapters? tell me what I need to emulate WW " correctly" cause in summer I'm buying " new cpu " (going to actualice all my pc, hardware, and software) thanks!

Clements

Kiantsu said:
what are graphics adapters? tell me what I need to emulate WW " correctly" cause in summer I'm buying " new cpu " (going to actualice all my pc, hardware, and software) thanks!

As Dolphin uses DX9 for graphics, you need a DX9 compliant video card. A GeForce4 MX 440 is only DX7 compliant and has no shader capability whatsoever. What you need is a DX9 compliant video card. The best value for money DX9 card out there right now is the ATi Radeon 9600 Pro/XT, but any ATi card above the Radeon 9500 non-pro will do.

You say you will purchase a new CPU- get the fastest one you can afford. Dolphin will work best with only the best processors. P4 3GHz / Athlon 3000+ would be my safe bet.

Trotterwatch

To emulate Wind Waker correctly I'd say:

10ghz CPU
Top of the line GFX card
lots of ram
Even then it may crash often, oh and you'll not be able to save.

Alternatively buy a Gamecube + the game. The emulator will need to be developed further to have any hope of perfect emulation of this game (on current systems).

Gladiac0190

hmmm, noooo

don't be dumb, wait a little until dolphin is ready to emulate efficient...
This is a teaser... not something that is for the home users out there...