What's new

Prooject 64 Net play

stdjmax

I am looking for a plugin to play IP internet game withought via server.

Is a way to netplay with the best emulator project64??

Martin

Administrator
Try Project64k, 1964 0.9.9 and Nemu64 0.8, they all have support for netplay. Project64 does not have netplay support.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Sometimes people ask me which version of PJ64 to get, or where to get it, or whatever. These people need to understand one thing:
-Well, PJ64 1.5.1 is the best version. It is the most advanced, more compatible, etc. One thing it doesn't have, however, is the netplay function. Netplay is the ability to play other people online. PJ64k is PJ64 1.4 with netplay (following all this?). Jabo, the developer, created, after many releases, PJ64 1.5.1. He kept the source code to himself, and just released the program. However, upon releaseal of 1.5 (and the subsequent service pak (the extra .1 at the end)), he decided to release the source code for PJ64 1.4. hotquik, a developer, got this source code and modified it to include netplay. (still following?). He started out with PJ64k .10, and has then since released upgrades, up to 0.13.
-Oh yeah, and Nemu's no good at netplay.
-1964 0.9.9, recently released, is the best one I've ever known. Not only does it have regular quality emulation, but it also has the netplay function all figured out. However, it sacrifices button delay for speed.

So:
-PJ64 1.5 (with SP1, effectively 1.5.1) - The most advanced PJ64
-PJ64k 0.13 (using PJ64 1.4, effectively PJ64 1.4 netplay version 0.13)-
Not as advanced as 1.5.1, but has netplay.
-Nemu - sucks for netplay
-1964 0.9.9 - One of the best N64 emulators, except noone uses it online. The delay for your controller jumps thru the roof, and most of us sacrifice speed for button delay.

I'd also like to note that PJ64k is being worked on and improved, while PJ64 is not. 1964 also is an active project.

As far as which version you should be using:
-If you want better quality gameplay, better graphics, and more compatibility to roms (games), you want 1.5.1.
-If you want to fight people online, then get 0.13.
-Needless to say, everyone has both, one to play when they want to play by themselves, and one to play others with.
-1964 0.9.9 does both, but noone uses it online yet, you have button delay.

Ask me by AIM at DewJimbot if you have any more questions
Lastly, Have fun! =D