What's new

will there be a save state option

Clements

Put it this way: There is nothing stopping Dolphin being feature-rich like other emulators.

The teaser was designed just to play games, no thrills, to show how development is going. More less important features will probably be added in when many games become playable at good speeds, otherwise it'll be pointless to waste development time to add features like save states when they could be concentrating on getting games to work first (which they are doing now).

Scha

Savestats could be pretty big tho.. If all the RAM is filled with data, its 24mbyte.. It could be zipped, to about 10 mbyte i guess (the data in RAM is probably not compressed).

Memory card support is, in my opinion, a better way to go (both would be great tho)

Scha :D

*Sparkz*

Clements said:
The teaser was designed just to play games, no thrills, to show how development is going.

How is development going today?
icon10.gif

OP
M

mainframe19

well so far they got alot of good gc games working!but they just need to work on the gfx!in the games!and maybe add a frame skip option that would speed the gfx.and of course a sound plugin.if they chould stream the sound from the gcm file like ac loaders do with pso1&2!

Gorxon

Administrator
Well, with the speed the emulator runs games in now, save states would in fact be especially useful development wise. You could check a certain part in the game much faster, since you wouldn't have to play your way to that point. So I'd be surprised if it isn't being worked on or implemented already...but what do I know...