What's new

Another GCShrinker ...

LI9UID

----------[ LAST INFOS ]-----------​
versions that coming after 1.00 will need Microsoft .NET Framework.
If you have problems initializing the app download this file : dotnetfx.exe (23MB).
It will work on Windows 98, ME, 2000, NT 4.0 (requires Service Pack a), XP, Server 2003.
For people who doesn't want to upgrade to .NET and would like to continue to use 0.xx versions you will need VB6FR.DLL .Last updated version available here : vb6fr.rar (100KB)

You will certainly think "Why would i download a 23 MBytes file to run this little 90 KBytes application ??"
I'll answer you by ; the .NET system will be include in ALL next versions of Windows and will certainly replace ancient programming languages.
You'll need for sure this Framework to run other applications than my gcshrink gui ! If you choose to not download this file now you will surely do it one day or an other ;]

Note : i'm not sure if the app really needs this framework to run, please try running the app before installing framework 1.1 to see if it works .

----------[ SCREENSHOTS ]-----------​
this is how the app looks now...
shot.jpg
shot2.jpg

----------[ UPDATES ]-----------

1.01 : Completely recoded with shrinked size database (editable) and a filesize detector that reconize if the iso is good or not. the output is also automatically renamed in "iso_small.gcm" and language settings are saved in the "gcshrinkgui.dat" to keep it at next lunch of the app.

0.6x : long filepaths really supported without any problem , english text now available.
0.54 : long filepaths support ( transformed in short filepaths ), Update link.
0.52 : english translation include , file browser ( much easier ).
0.41 : first release that works , no long filepaths , only french text.

----------[ DOWNLOADS ]----------​

1.xx Versions (need this Framework 1.1 )
gcshrink gui 1.01.zip
0.xx Stable Versions (need this vb6fr.rar )
gcshrink gui 0.65.zip
gcshrink gui 0.54.zip

Last edited:
OP
LI9UID

LI9UID

i hope it will work too !

update 0.5 : ( edit see at top of thread )
1:now in english for those who really have problem with french lol
( just push the "english" button )
2:you can also load your gcm's with "browse" buttons now so you wouldn't need to write all the filepath by yourself ! ( doesn't support spaces in path for the moment ! )

seeya ! ;]

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
I suggest updating your first post with all releases instead of making new posts, easier to keep track of what's the latest release. Best of luck with the tool. :)

Metal-Geo

Great shrinker

Awesome program!:D Maybe it's just me or is this faster then the Dolphin's one? Meh, must be my imagination.

Shingo

Bipede
Hi, i have try gcshrink gui 0.54.zip it's a nice tool but the save as... sem to work only in english
i shrink whith it 2 GCM:

the first one is G3SE (bust a move 3000)
189.875.360 octets whith Dolphin GCMshrink
163.177.984 octets whith gcshink
and work exactly in a same way in dolphin

the second one is GNUJ (Naruto 2)
661.149.488 octets whith Dolphin GCMshrink
661.156.960 octets whith gcshink (yes it's few octets bigger)
and "work" like the other

i have just shrink GCM than haves been already shinked by the build-in dolphin shinker

ps)Ca doit ce voir a mon anglais, moi aussi je suis francais;)

minkster

umm i did have the ssbm game i shrunk it and it was 0kb so i was like o sh*t. I did a system restore and the ssbm game was still 0kb big after i used the program :( . Hopefully files will get more compressed in the future to make it available to burn on cd-rs.

OP
LI9UID

LI9UID

Hi,

I've updated the app to 0.6b.
Long filepaths are now really supported , they are no longer transformed in short filepaths, that means that you can tip any game name that you want
and you can load a game from any path that you want even with spaces and more than eight chars.
you don't need to tip the file extention ( *.gcm ) in the save box, gcshrink gui
will do it by itself ;].
The english text is not present in this release because i had no time to do it
this update needed to come out soon , it correct lots of things.
for english or people that doesn't understand french an update with english option will come out as soon as possible. for those who want to help translating gcshrinker gui in other languages just email me.

Metal Geo >> I also think that this shrinker is faster and better than dolphin's one
if it wasn't i wouldn't be doing this gui for it ;] .

Shingo >> The "save as" doesn't exist anymore in 0.6x versions . just tip the game 's output name without extention.
I don't think that shrinking a game already shrinked works but why not ... lol.
Thanks for the feedback!

Minkster >> yaiks ! that's not very kewl when it happens, when you shrink a game be sure to tip a DIFFERENT name for the output iso , or if the app crashes or don't finish his job your iso will be f***ed up !
And doing system restore won't bring back your isos .

OP
LI9UID

LI9UID

Hi,
vb6fr.dll isn't needed anymore since v1.xx.

this dll is for getting error message in french because the dll include in windows is only for us apps
the next versions will be coded with visual studio .net us version
so it will use the windows included dll
0.xx versions were coded with msvs 6.0 fr and need vb6fr.dll

Cheers.