What's new

need help

NGC_lover

I have super smash bros. melee and I rename it so it has the .gcm (used to be .rar) I open dolphin and put the gcm path to my desktop (with contain the game) and it said I need the d3d9.dll and y video is turn at NTSC?????

Clements

-First of all, the ISO needs to be extracted with WinRAR.

-Rename the .ISO file you extracted to .GCM

-Download DirectX 9.0b from Microsoft's website and install.

All problems will now be fixed.

shurikenman

Damn...I wanna be Sonic ^^
@ Clements

"-First of all, the ISO needs to be extracted with WinRAR."

Thats crap it doesnt make any sense and i extract my isos allways with WinAce.....

Clements

Because the extension of the ISO was originally .RAR. You can't rename a .RAR file to .GCM and expect it to work.

Trotterwatch

shurikenman said:
@ Clements

"-First of all, the ISO needs to be extracted with WinRAR."

Thats crap it doesnt make any sense and i extract my isos allways with WinAce.....
That's a crap post if ever I seen one ;) Clements advice was spot on.

MrRatt

I think the latest versions of WinACE can handle RAR files... But that said don't you think he'd know how to unrar the file and use it if he created it? Shouldn't be helping those pirates with thier downloaded booty...

Metal-Geo

NGC_lover said:
I have super smash bros. melee and I rename it so it has the .gcm (used to be .rar) I open dolphin and put the gcm path to my desktop (with contain the game) and it said I need the d3d9.dll and y video is turn at NTSC?????
Im suprised you see the game in the iso-list of Dolphin. Specialy since u renamed a .RAR to .GCM.
Correct me if im wrong, but isnt a .rar like a .zip? The iso should be IN the rar. Not be the rar.

gcnfan

NGC_lover said:
it said it can't run this game on the notes?

What the hell are you talking about? I tried SSBM. It's even in the screenshots selection. The main problem is after starting a level, it crashes like 20 to 40 seconds later.

kage

I think this thread is getting kinda silly.......I will attempt to remedy the situation(notice the word ATTEMPT)

Yes Clements is completely right, however the misinterpretations seem to be stemming from "extract the ISO" line. He means extract the ISO from the RAR, not extract the contents OF the ISO (Please no-one bother trying to explain to me that an ISO can be extracted, I KNOW!).

At that point the ISO needs to renamed to GCM, everyone with me here? :afro: Fabulous!

The GCM needs to be somewhere that Dolphin will find it, a no brainer. And again Clements is correct with your requireing DirectX9b.

Ignore the notes, try it, if it works and the notes say otherwise, wonderful, otherwise just wait for a new release. I'm not sure what else needs to be discussed here about this procedure.

(Clements; Hope I'm not putting words in your mouth, that IS my understanding of your post)
:ninja:

LI9UID

Asking or telling on how to get isos is forbidden ( read rules of forum )

but i don't think that subjects about rared or ziped isos has something illegal.
I personaly rar some of my own isos to stock them on the hdd.( cause i already have the real game on the cube of course ;p )

Now it's possible that this NGC_lover has done the same thing ,fall somewhere in the street then had a blackout in his brain 8l and he won't remember how to run his backups :p.( yeah i know it sounds a little big but who knows ... )

whatever , i doubt that it's really a big deal.
Let's just focus ourselfs on keeping alive the GC Scene by helping each over.

Cheers.