What's new

Speeding up recorded avi's?

Vegetable

Banned
I'm going to record a video of Animal Crossing on dolphin, and I was wondering how, or what program to use, to speed the movie up like in the mkdd and wind waker videos?

DOGG

OK you've got my hopes up a little. You can run animal crossing on dolphin? Personally i can't and i don't think you can either. Probably you plan on doing it in the future when it's playabe. But im just asking in case.

The problems i see for animal crossing are: It uses nintendo's N64 emulator to run. And it relies on the gamecube's internal clock. Is there clock emulation in dolphin? I think not. Also, it's important to save in the game. Which isnt yet supported. So if you want time to pass you gotta leave the emulator on for ages.

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
DOGG said:
The problems i see for animal crossing are: It uses nintendo's N64 emulator to run. And it relies on the gamecube's internal clock. Is there clock emulation in dolphin? I think not. Also, it's important to save in the game. Which isnt yet supported. So if you want time to pass you gotta leave the emulator on for ages.

I think he means after he's recorded the video. Vegetable, try virtualdub - I think it's freeware.

OP
Vegetable

Vegetable

Banned
Thanks.
[Edit]
Which program is the best for video capture? My program takes crap video at very low framerates.

Last edited:
OP
Vegetable

Vegetable

Banned
Read the Pc compatibility thread page 18 or 17 for how I got it running, but please, I need a better video recorder!

DOGG

Vegetable said:
Read the Pc compatibility thread page 18 or 17 for how I got it running, but please, I need a better video recorder!

There is no post in that thread by you regarding animal crossing. I believe you're referring to the screenshots thread. And in there, you provide little detail as to how to get it working. So would you please care to explain exactly how to get it working? Shrunk or original image? Emu settings? Vid drivers? How long do you wait for it to pop up? What numbers do the overlays show if it's working and not working? etc etc.

As for your video editing, maybe this will help

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/edit
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tools

And yes, we want more shots of AC.

Last edited:
OP
Vegetable

Vegetable

Banned
Ok ok, I'm sorry about the mistake. But now the question is, do any of you know of a good video capture program that lets me press keys while I'm recording? Now I'm off to post more screenies :D

DOGG

Vegetable said:
Ok ok, I'm sorry about the mistake. But now the question is, do any of you know of a good video capture program that lets me press keys while I'm recording? Now I'm off to post more screenies :D

FRAPS?
http://www.fraps.com

Post a screenshot with some text in the game

DOGG

So can you tell us then how to get the game working?

Also post some screens of an animal's house, talking to animals, tom nook's store, inventory screen, etc.