What's new

help with logitech controller

pit

Can someone help me with my gamepad. I bought a logitech dual action gamepad. It has an analog joystick and a directional pad. Right now I can't get the directional pad to work with jnes(or any other emulator). Only the analog works and its kind of hard to use because when I try to move the character on the game half the time the guy will look up or down instead of walking. I imagine this wouldn't happen with the directional pad. But when I select input to setup the gamepad, it won't register when I press the directional pad keys... only when I use the analog joystick. Can someone please help? Thanks!

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
pit said:
Can someone help me with my gamepad. I bought a logitech dual action gamepad. It has an analog joystick and a directional pad. Right now I can't get the directional pad to work with jnes(or any other emulator). Only the analog works and its kind of hard to use because when I try to move the character on the game half the time the guy will look up or down instead of walking. I imagine this wouldn't happen with the directional pad. But when I select input to setup the gamepad, it won't register when I press the directional pad keys... only when I use the analog joystick. Can someone please help? Thanks!

First id say head over to Logitechs Website and update your Pads.
I Have both the Wingman Rumble and Game Pad and have no problems with any Emu.

and i am slways upto date with my Drivers.

OP
P

pit

Gent said:
First id say head over to Logitechs Website and update your Pads.
I Have both the Wingman Rumble and Game Pad and have no problems with any Emu.

and i am slways upto date with my Drivers.

Well I got the latest logitech software(4.3) and I still can't get the directional pad to work. I also tried setting up a game profile and disabling the analog joystick but that didn't work either. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
jnes has some limits with what parts of a gamepad it will read (hey this stuff was written in like 1999..)

i'll try to see about updating it if i get a chance, usually like gent said drivers let you swap stuff around tho to get it the way you like it

Jabo

Emulator Developer
actually on second thought, can you go into control panel and tell me what axis that is on your gamepad, i'm kind of curious now - thanks!

OP
P

pit

logitech axis

Jabo said:
actually on second thought, can you go into control panel and tell me what axis that is on your gamepad, i'm kind of curious now - thanks!

Well I went into the logitech profiler and it doesn't list an axis for the dpad. It has four axis and the first two are for the left analog joystick and the second two are for the right analog joystick. So I'm not sure if that helps any. I was able to assign keybord arrows to the dpad and then have jnes use the keyboard arrows but when I touch a diagonal on the dpad(which is very often), the character stops moving. So that didn't work too well. Any other ideas? Hey thanks for the replies!

HAQattaq

i also have a logitech dual action gamepad

(my directional pad does work at times)

The controller doesn't respond appropriately at times. For instance,, when playing super mario bros,, when i press right on the directional pad,, sometimes he moves right, other times he just sits there until i press left or hit the a or b button. It seems when I'm pressing 2 buttons at once it sometimes doesn't respond correctly. don't know for sure though.

The directional pad of the controller does have a diagonal movement. I was wondering since the pad can move more that just left, right, up, down,,, that perhaps i was hitting diagonal and it was causing it to stop responding or something. If so, is there a way to fix this without me having to be more precise with my button mashing?

I am using windows xp with the windows driver for the logitech controller. I will try updating the driver next but was wondering if anyone knew what i am talking about and had any suggestions/fixes.

thx