What's new

new directx plugin

icepir8

:tr64:
Hi all. Just want to tell you all that I've begun a directx plugin. I still have a lot of work to do on it, so it maybe a while until you see it,

Cheers,

Icepir8

crhylove

Banned
sounds good man.

zilmar spec, right? good luck. let me know if you need beta testers.

rhy
:devil:
:1964:

Eddy

I Run This
whoa good to hear ice :) lookin forward to it, whatever needed to be done (besides coding) ill help with :p im getting back into c++, and looking at the directx sdk, try to draw at least 1 triangle

MADrigal

G&W programmer
Hello Ice

Hi ICe, long time since we last chatted on newnet :)

I just registered this forum, and I'm here to tell that I can beta-test for ya in case you need. My PC specs: D700 + GF2mx + 256MB ram.

Enjoy DirectX programming!! :D

toneman77

Cool thing, man

Whoa, good to hear these news, icepir8!

I admire your TR64OGL plugin (best bomberman64!!) please tell me (and the rest) if u need someone to test.
Im pretty sure it will rock

Abit KT7 Raid+Duron700+gf2mx+512mb+usb Gamepad

peace

Tone

Martin

Administrator
Re: Hello Ice

MADrigal said:
Hi ICe, long time since we last chatted on newnet :)

I just registered this forum, and I'm here to tell that I can beta-test for ya in case you need. My PC specs: D700 + GF2mx + 256MB ram.

Enjoy DirectX programming!! :D

Hey, welcome to our dungeon. :D

skypilot

Awesome!

I was afraid that after PJ64 was gone, there would be no progress on a great D3D plugin... I guess we have something to look forward to.

My specs if you need a ATI beta tester:

P3-800
256MB PC100 CAS2 SDRAM
ATI All in Wonder Radeon
Generic Vortex 1 Sound
Generic BX Mobo

MADrigal

G&W programmer
Hi Martin

Hi Martin, thanks for welcoming me :)

...your signature is the longest I've ever seen... I'm "scared" at thinking you're actually administrating all such sites! AURGH!! :p

Hey Toneman... you have almost the same hardware as I... are you trying to become beta-tester in place of me? LOL

toneman77

ho

yo MADrigal.
u have the same Board and proc maybe? then please mail me!

No, Im not tryin to become a beta tester in place of you, i wanna betatest it with you. Or is there only betatest-spot?

lol

keep up the good work icepir8!

peace
Tone

mesman00

What's that...?
hey hey hey...
if ice wants some testers, he'll ask for 'em for find 'em himself. let's not go botherin him with all these "i'll test for you" comments. i know they are all in good faith, but don't flood the guy! :D

toneman77

ok ok

im sorry, didnt wanna stress ice or anyone else here.
Just wanted to honor the cool emu (including its author)
just read MADs post and thought i could do that too.
Im pretty sure, ice will choose the tester himself.
im pretty amazed of his OpenGL plug, dont mind.

keep up the good work
peace
Tone

MADrigal

G&W programmer
Hey!

Hey I was just kidding with tone77 :D I'm not trying to fight people to get a beta plugin. Just noticed that tone has almost the same HW as I have.

Let's just wait until Ice does some superb wirk as usually, then I wish he'll post his beta right here.

Keep up the great work Ice! :)

Firestar007

This might be too much to ask, but I was hoping it'd be compatible with VRCaddy, a stereoscopy app. It'd be awesome to play all those PJ64 games in stero 3D. Jabo's isn't compatible, so thats why I ask. If you want more info, I can give you the website.

OP
icepir8

icepir8

hey FireStar007,

Sounds very interesting. Please send me the info.

Cya,

Icepir8

Firestar007

Yeah, the website is http://www.vrcaddy.com. You'll also need the runtime thingys from http://www.win3d.com. It (VRCaddy) uses page-flipping and line-blanking, which makes it compatible with most 3D devices. If you want to bypass VRCaddy, (which wouldn't be a bad idea, though it'd probably be a lot more work), Winx3D has a stereoscopic SDK you can check out. I don't know if you could work native Winx3D support into a plugin or not, but I guess you could check it out. I'm not much of a programmer, so I can't tell you much more than this. Thanks for even being willing to try though!
:colgate: :tr64:

P.S. I think I've figured out that the reason Jabo's doesn't work is that it calls for some functions which VRCaddy doesn't support, thus causing the plugin to spit out an error. Thats why native Winx3D support would be preferable. This is just educated speculation though. ;)

OP
icepir8

icepir8

Firestar007,

The WINx3D SDK looks pretty straight forward. I'll see what I can do with it. Only drawback is that It doesn't work with OpenGL so I won't have anything soon. Also it looks like you've pushed the purchase of VR glasses up on the list of things to get. :D

Cheers,

Icepir8

Firestar007

And of course, I'm available to test these features if and when its necessary. You can probably find some cheap VR Glasses on Ebay. Look for the H3D Terminator, the VRJoy 2000, or even the clunky old VRSurfer (which is what I have). The VRSurfer probably won't top $15-$20 (US), but its also quite old, so you may not be able to find it at all. The others will run $50-$70. The advantage of getting one of the newer ones is that you can use the nVidia stereo drivers (assuming you have an nVidia card) to play many more games in stereo than you can if you just use VRCaddy.

Another thought: Winx3D also supports cross-eye and parallel view (like Magic Eye pictures), as well as red/blue glasses. That would keep you from having to buy VR Glasses but would still enable you to test your plugin. :cool:

crhylove

Banned
stereogram gaming.

i wanted to make a version of the old atari game "midi maze" in stereogram, so the screen would look like tv static, unless u had the right focus. want to help me write that?

rhy