What's new

A Lil Help

red-man-mark

Ok im new to the Gamecube Emulator scene, and i could do with a hand, i was wondering if anyoen coudl tlel me if the Dolphine could actually run Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles from the PC? Because i don't knwo hwo you guys do it but well i've only got a game cube and two games, Smash Brothers and Soul Calibur 2, but i can't get either of them to work in my CD Rom Drive or DVD Drive, so i can't test it with them, so all i got is Final Fantasy on my Pc but when i start ti and tlel it to load, it says 100% loaded down by the side, but well the screen just goe smulti coloured like its gone fuzzy and lost transmision?

MrRatt

First, the only legal way to play games is to rip them yourself. If you want to play FFCC buy it.

Secondly, ripping the games is more then putting them in your drives. The GC has to read them for you and with an exploit from PSO you can load some software to stream it to your harddrive.

Third, the emulator just isnt good enough to do anything with FFCC right now. The only games that run well are Bust A Move 3000 and Crazy Taxi.

OP
R

red-man-mark

MrRatt said:
First, the only legal way to play games is to rip them yourself. If you want to play FFCC buy it.

Secondly, ripping the games is more then putting them in your drives. The GC has to read them for you and with an exploit from PSO you can load some software to stream it to your harddrive.

Third, the emulator just isnt good enough to do anything with FFCC right now. The only games that run well are Bust A Move 3000 and Crazy Taxi.

i do buy games, its just in the UK there is either usually a big delay on games or a game just don't come out over here, so for obvious reaons i think you cna work with me here...

yes i heard about that, but no shop in London i been to seems to have PSO or the Broadband connection :(

how crappy is that, thats the only reaosn i got interested in the emu,

MrRatt

Legally, you cannot download games even if you intend to buy it later. Thats part of the law. On this forum somewhere it was compared it to stealing a car from a lot and then telling the cop you were taking a test drive and really planned on buying it. I think it's a very good analogy :)

However if thats your only interest in the emu, your interest is in vain. You will not be able to play FFCC on it.

OP
R

red-man-mark

MrRatt said:
Legally, you cannot download games even if you intend to buy it later. Thats part of the law. On this forum somewhere it was compared it to stealing a car from a lot and then telling the cop you were taking a test drive and really planned on buying it. I think it's a very good analogy :)

However if thats your only interest in the emu, your interest is in vain. You will not be able to play FFCC on it.

wow, gosh ur a bit fast mate, now you don't seem to understand my point, ok look, i was stating that some games NEVER come to a certian country and therefor users don't have a choice but to find another means of requiring it, when FFCC comes out here, im defiantly going to but for the simple fact i got a GC with 4 pads and 4 lovelys bros to enjoy the multiplayer fun with it :D, i do buy games as the gaming industry has to be kept alive, but why would someone do the PSO trick if they didn't plan on downloading games and not buying them?sorry somes abit contradictive to me?
Also its not nice to state you analogy that well, because the moment you download a program like Kazaa or WinMX and many others out there, mentally your doing it yourself, whether it be a file or a game or a song, you get my point?
And this isn't the only mod i'm interested, im interested in many others, as i think to emulate a console now a days, know the main core differences in them forma standard PC is an amazing thing and takes amazing expertises and programming skill and i think they should get well a trophy for it, whether its a basic Gameboy to something like the PS2, its sitll bloody azaming, the most i done is make a mod here and there for Armada, Hw or Command & Conquer: generals, which only takes a bit of modelig and Hard pointing, alot harder to do textures

MrRatt

red-man-mark said:
wow, gosh ur a bit fast mate, now you don't seem to understand my point, ok look, i was stating that some games NEVER come to a certian country and therefor users don't have a choice but to find another means of requiring it
Yeah, Importing is the only legal way to do it.

red-man-mark said:
when FFCC comes out here, im defiantly going to but for the simple fact i got a GC with 4 pads and 4 lovelys bros to enjoy the multiplayer fun with it :D
Last I heard, you each have to use a GBA for full functionality...

red-man-mark said:
i do buy games as the gaming industry has to be kept alive, but why would someone do the PSO trick if they didn't plan on downloading games and not buying them?sorry somes abit contradictive to me?
The PSO trick is the only way to legally obtain images of your games. It's also the only method to play backups on your GameCube, and it's also the only way to do anything in the homebrew scene.

OP
R

red-man-mark

MrRatt said:
Yeah, Importing is the only legal way to do it.

Last I heard, you each have to use a GBA for full functionality...

The PSO trick is the only way to legally obtain images of your games. It's also the only method to play backups on your GameCube, and it's also the only way to do anything in the homebrew scene.

can't really say that as you know a UK GC can't play a US GC game, obviously there are way rounds this....

Yes its the only way to legally import a game, but also the only way to illegaly export the game back to the gamecube is it not?i fink there are plenty of people on here downloading and exporting Gamecube games to their gamecubes to there from their pc's

you don't require the GBA but yes a GBA does add one or two extra features if you plug it into the player four slot i think, i'll have to confirm this later

and my point still stands, its contradictive for anyone to complain about people downloading GC games or so on because as long as you have a program like Kazaa or something else, your doing exactly the same but with a different thing, a song, program or wotever, its the same, so there for you can't pick on people who do it, though thats just my opinion, im stating if its right or wrong.

Rumor

shiggidy shiggidy shavv
you people are all lucky due to you live in area that are 1st world countries
like America, Europe , Asia

so stop moaning, about game expensis and that you cant find a tittle.
yes some games are only available in america, or england or japan
and some you cant import with out great expensis

just to clear that up importing GC games is actualy illegal, thats one of the rights that nintendo put on there games.

yah some games take a while for you, here in South Africa, we still havent seen the GC games of super monkey ball one, or PSO, we have stock of about maybe 30 different games in the country

luckily i had a friend who sent me down pso for 32 pounds was going to cost me 100 to import here

yah thats another thing, games for most of you cost like 30 pounds or like 35 dollars, here the games are the equivalent to about 70 pounds and you have to wait an extra month since the release in uk. :bye3:

so to all of you in a 1st/2nd world country that are moaning about delays and expensis, you have the luckiest life of all and should stop moaning and enjoy :devil: