What's new

CDRW Erasing

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Is there any tool made exclusively for erasing CD-RWs... because I'm having problems trying to erase a new disc with Nero... and this disc has no scractches or dirt... What do you say guys?

Last edited:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Long as you didn't close the session, there SHOULD be an option to format a CD-RW in Nero.

If not, it should be possible to do it in Windows... right-click the CD-RW and click Format...?

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Exactly... Nero advice a weird error when I try to close the sesion or the disc...
LOL I can't believe it... The M$ Erasing beats Nero... How such a thing could be possible... Is powered by Roxio... Thxs Tagrineth!

Last edited:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
t0rek said:
Exactly... Nero advice a weird error when I try to close the sesion or the disc...
LOL I can't believe it... The M$ Erasing beats Nero... How such a thing could be possible... Is powered by Roxio... Thxs Tagrineth!

Simple. CD-RW Erase = uber destroy command, it even rewrites your table of contents completely... then it realigns every single bit of data on the disc to 0 (neutral) manually. It doesn't care at all whether stuff is "closed" or not.

Nero gives that warning in case you closed the session for a reason. Basically it assumes that the only reason you'd actually close a CD-RW is because you want it to keep its data.