What's new

Question: trouble loading game saves

ParadoxMind

hi

I just downloaded JNES emulator earlier today, and it seems to run fine except that the .sav files aren't being read, rendering all my saved stuff useless. Let's see... I'm running Windows XP and I have those files in the "saves" folder, not the "Docs" folder. I've tried more than one ROM, so i know it's not that.

Can anybody help?

-ParadoxMind

Jabo

Emulator Developer
you are running 0.5.2 ? (latest version)
you have a valid rom image with the "Save RAM" bit set?

pretty sure i tested them with zelda (quickly reg'd a nick) at one point and it worked ok

OP
P

ParadoxMind

yep, version 0.5.2

Jabo said:
you are running 0.5.2 ? (latest version)
you have a valid rom image with the "Save RAM" bit set?

pretty sure i tested them with zelda (quickly reg'd a nick) at one point and it worked ok

Yeah, I'm running the latest version. Not sure what you mean by the 2nd Question though --? "a valid rom image with the "Save RAM" bit set?"

Actually, a few months ago I had DL'ed Nesticle for NES ROMS and had the same kind of problem. I thought it was maybe the program or that I needed to uninstall & re-install but that didn't work. So, just today I got around to trying a different prog. But basically the same problem though.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
if you go to file->ROM info (or whatever it says) it will have a field that says if it has save-ram enabled in the header

either way I would use something like http://www.romcenter.com to validate all your roms, NES by far has the highest probability of finding invalid images for a variety of reasons

scotty

The Great One
ParadoxMind said:
hi

I just downloaded JNES emulator earlier today, and it seems to run fine except that the .sav files aren't being read, rendering all my saved stuff useless. Let's see... I'm running Windows XP and I have those files in the "saves" folder, not the "Docs" folder. I've tried more than one ROM, so i know it's not that.

Can anybody help?

-ParadoxMind

I recommend that you use the actual savestates that are in the emulator, as opposed to using the battery backup that is used with games (saving like you would with the NES).