What's new

Impressed, but...

Kethinov

I just bought an iBook today and figured I'd try out this sixtyforce I've been hearing so much about. It played my Smash Brothers rom with perfect compatability, albeit slow; mostly because the default graphics plugin isn't so great... a port of Jabo's would be nice ;)

Though I was disappointed that Sixtyforce is a pay-to play product. You could argue "no it's not!" because you can use the keyboard, but in my little multiplayer circle, we use nothing less than a usb splitter and 4 adaptoids :)

To me all these little tricks to get people to register seems a bit petty when in the Windows and Linux world, emulators are open source and totally free. You may disagree, and I respect that the author has limited time and needs money, but as much as you have the right to disagree with me, I have a right to disagree with the author.

So all in all, a fantastic project, but disappointing. I wish you luck, I think I'll still be using wintel for games. :(

Rented Mule

Kethinov said:
I just bought an iBook today and figured I'd try out this sixtyforce I've been hearing so much about. It played my Smash Brothers rom with perfect compatability, albeit slow; mostly because the default graphics plugin isn't so great... a port of Jabo's would be nice ;)

Though I was disappointed that Sixtyforce is a pay-to play product. You could argue "no it's not!" because you can use the keyboard, but in my little multiplayer circle, we use nothing less than a usb splitter and 4 adaptoids :)

To me all these little tricks to get people to register seems a bit petty when in the Windows and Linux world, emulators are open source and totally free. You may disagree, and I respect that the author has limited time and needs money, but as much as you have the right to disagree with me, I have a right to disagree with the author.

So all in all, a fantastic project, but disappointing. I wish you luck, I think I'll still be using wintel for games. :(

All I know is that the graphics are not the bottleneck. Nor is the sound (using the Mupen plugin). I'm confident that whenever the real bottleneck is found, most games will run at full speed on 800MHz+ G4s.

OP
Kethinov

Kethinov

Rented Mule said:
All I know is that the graphics are not the bottleneck. Nor is the sound (using the Mupen plugin). I'm confident that whenever the real bottleneck is found, most games will run at full speed on 800MHz+ G4s.
I've found that plugin to be slow in 1964 and project64 on dual proc 1200mhz with a geforce 4 ti4200 windows 2000...