What's new

Controller help

Krayzie

I have every option set correctly but i cannot get my controller to work, can someone plz help me out im dyin to play some Metroid

xamenus

I'm guessing you might need to update to a newer version of DirectX. I think you'll need at least version 6.0. Try that out and see what happens.

OP
K

Krayzie

IceFox38 said:
I'm guessing you might need to update to a newer version of DirectX. I think you'll need at least version 6.0. Try that out and see what happens.

I apprieciate the input and I thought that may be my problem as well. so I downloaded directx 9.0 and still have the same problems. Im so lost in this matter and all i want to do bust out some mario and metroid.....lol

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Krayzie said:
I have every option set correctly but i cannot get my controller to work, can someone plz help me out im dyin to play some Metroid

Have you read this Thread Here ?

Make sure you are using the latest Jnes (Link Can Be found In that Thread)
Make sure you select JoyPad (if Using Keyboard Or JoyPad)
Make Sure You Select Your Device In Additional Devices (If Using JoyPad)

Hope This helps

OP
K

Krayzie

everything is set the way you said it up there gent, i really dont understand why this joypad will not work

OP
K

Krayzie

IceFox38 said:
Do you have this problem with other emulators?
This is the only emulator i have ever tried to my cousin burnt me a copy the other day for NES and SNES games i have been able to use the keyboard for the games which makes it tough on some of em, i even downloaded the latest version of jnes from this website and i still couldnt get ne thing......I do apprieate everyone helping me out with this thank you to all hopefully ill get this to work...lol

Jabo

Emulator Developer
jnes lists the devices in the drop down combo box -- make sure it's selected

if you hit the small little config button for each item .. and your gamepad just isnt responding, go into control panel and try it there -- if it works there then i have no idea

OP
K

Krayzie

OK i cant get this thing to work, is there a place wher i can Download i completly different JNES to play these games on, instead of the disc my cousin burnt for me

revl8er

That Damn Good
Look in the main jnes thread and click on jnes 0.5.2 and download the newest version of jnes, or you could try other emulators which you can get from www.zophar.net , but jnes plays most games and is imo the best nes emulator out.

edit: I forgot to ask what kind of control do you have, because it might be a controller problem.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
It should look something like this. If not, you may not have added it in the control panel. If it's a USB Gravis Gamepad Pro, it's added automatically, if it's a gameport one, you have to add it manually.

OP
K

Krayzie

Ok everyone thank you I finally got my controller to work, but know that i have i get about 10 minutes into ne game and JNES stops reponding and I lose all my progress and have to start over again, once again ne suggestions?

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Not sure about the 10 minute crashes, but you can save your state frenquently so you don't have to restart if the emu crashes.

Jabo?

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Modem said:
Not sure about the 10 minute crashes, but you can save your state frenquently so you don't have to restart if the emu crashes.

Jabo?

Not a clue, it doesnt seem that he is familiar with computers that well as most people know the game controller config in control panel etc. Awesome guide btw.

I should point out there is a "How-to give feedback" section, maybe I'll change that title a little

OP
K

Krayzie

Modem said:

Jabo?

Yeah thats what i was doing and I figured out why it was happening my screensaver was causing JNES not to respond....so when I play it I just turn off my screensaver...........ty all for all your help with this im off to go kick Gannons ass now...lol

thanks again people..Josh