What's new

Dolphin Private Beta

Looked at some movie with 18 Wheeler, when we getting sound enabled Dolphin Emulator??

Also.. what is the best graphics card on market?

Clements

justbringit said:
Looked at some movie with 18 Wheeler, when we getting sound enabled Dolphin Emulator??

There is already streamed audio (music) but it only works in a few games. Sound in emulators is often very low priority when an emulator starts out because the emulator is often not fullspeed anyway.

justbringit said:

The Radeon 9800 XT is the fastest (and most expensive) graphics card you can buy. A 256MB Radeon 9800 XT will set you back ~£360 here in the UK.

Bopig!

The Great BO
justbringit said:

I'm looking forward to sound too. Someone said in another topic that it's possible a basic sound plugin will be implemented next release but I don't think that was an offical comment.

Metal-Geo

I wonder if some plugins are already in-da-make....
Since my speakers are way more advanced then my TV ones :p i really cant wait for sound support :)

Shiva Eden

Dolphin made me cry
Clements said:
The Radeon 9800 XT is the fastest (and most expensive) graphics card you can buy. A 256MB Radeon 9800 XT will set you back ~£360 here in the UK.

If I understand well, i were about to buy a GeForceFx5950 256 because my poor 5600 will someday be overflowed. Now i'm confused. Must i really pay attention to this Radeon ? i've heard and compared many times and they seems quite equal to me. Am i wrong ? ^^

Thanks by advance :)

Clements

Don't get me wrong, the GeForceFX 5950 is also a superb card. However the Radeon 9800 XT is a little bit faster for the most part of the time.

The Radeons' strengths lie in DX9 shaders which will be extensively used in games like Half-life 2. However, the GeForceFX 5950 beats the Radeon in games that use the Quake 3 engine by a fair way and is better in Doom 3 which is an OpenGL game.

Look at a benchmark site comparing the two, such as:

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031023/nvidia-nv38-nv36-23.html

and:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1896&p=4