What's new

I'm just curious...

OP
P

Piccolo114

Ore wa tsumo tousa mono da!
Glide64 is the best one for it?

There's one problem with Glide64.....it makes some 2d sprites in games nothing but a big black spot....

What settings with Glide64 will make it so that the graphics show properly, if any?

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, this would be eVoodoo (unless you got a voodoo card). So make sure you've got the latest version.

OP
P

Piccolo114

eVoodoo is causing the sprite problems? that's odd, cause i am using the latest version...

OP
P

Piccolo114

correction, i was running it with eVoodoo-3.25

i then tried eVoodooxp 3.2 and it made the problems worse.....it won't even show the screen unless i set it to old Buffer Swapping Method, and even then, its horribly screwed up graphics and some of the sprites are still black. Hybrid and New type give me nothing but a black screen.

Clements

Try using Evoodoo 3.99 Beta with hybrid buffer swap in Glide64 settings. It doesn't give me black sprites, perhaps it's the Mobility M6 causing the problems since I think it has the equivalent power of a Rage Pro.

OP
P

Piccolo114

Yeah, i think it's my video card, also.....I did finally find that one MSVCR71.dll file i was missing for Rice's Daedalus plugin, though. When i run Paper Mario in that plugin, it's almost perfect. the only problems i found so far is that lots of flashy special effects cause minor slowdown, and the damage icon, which should look like a star with a number in it, looks like a wierd mix between half of a star with 3/4 of a square attatched to the right side of it.....that, and Bowser's Fire Breath looks ok, but it's got orange boxes behind it, heh.

OP
P

Piccolo114

well....it seems i spoke too soon. i had a save state inside the first fight with bowser....the settings for Daedalus 5.4.2 were ok, but as soon as the battle was over, the graphics are majorly screwed up, lol.....

seems, though, that if I set Normal Combiner to on, the sprites show up ok, but then the backgrounds are messed up, otherwise, the sprites are messed up and the backgrounds are perfect....go figure...