• Total voters

blizz

Ya I likes it.

So do you give it a yay or a nay?

http://www.apple.com/imac/

indextop01072002.jpg

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
I like mac for doing anything except for games. They have (generally) better graphics and internet proformance, also Apple is making all their computer look cool :D

2fast4u

macs in general rule! and this thing looks just AWESOME!! if i had the money i'd buy one...

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Raging Fuel said:
The only thing I hate about macs is its almost impossible to upgrade them.

yea, and this new model probably has no upgrade feature due to its compact size ???

mesman00

What's that...?
it depends what u want in computing...
if u want video and picture editing, go with a mac, they rule for that reason

but, for anything else, go with a pc...and the pc is really starting to catch up to mac with video and picture editing anways

OP
blizz

blizz

mesman00 said:
it depends what u want in computing...
if u want video and picture editing, go with a mac, they rule for that reason

but, for anything else, go with a pc...and the pc is really starting to catch up to mac with video and picture editing anways

People have been saying that about PC's for years, their on the same level really but Macs have brand recognition in that field.

The thing about Macs is that if you need upgradability you go out and get a Mac in one of their spanking Midi sized Towers but the iMac isn't meant for serious upgrading it's meant for the trendy office, also the fact that there is a Geforce 2 MX in there shows gaming is an after thought, and most Computer Graphic Designers still prefer a CRT since their colours are more accurate than that of a flat screen.

RU: sweet avatar

RPGlover12

look hell cool i really like it its a great system i just can't play games on it the games that it have is sucks :(

Eagle

aka Alshain
Thats the problem with Macintosh. They look good but as for performance.. well they all lack quite a bit, even the G4s with there dual processors suck. As for PC, they are awesome, or at least they would be if someone could develop a halfway decent operating system. I mean XP is great, but still lacks a bit.

2fast4u

Eagle said:
I mean XP is great, but still lacks a bit.

"quite a bit" doesn't even begin to describe it. im running linux on a second partition and its faster than shit. xp is still way too slow coz micro$oft still recycled the old code and added on to it instead of re-writing it.

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
What do you mean an old one? If you are talking 10 years + then of course its gonna suck if you compare it to today's standards.

Martin

Administrator
The Macs have a great design and they're great for designs. I wouldn't mind having a G4 with an 18" LCD monitor. :)

/me drools...

Macca

lol, imagine upgradng that beast. there is no room for anything in it. You need the BIG case :p they rock :D