What's new

How Do I get metroid prime to work ?

Silvereyes

just wondering cause it wont even boot up , I guess I have to wait . :cry: good luck to the dolphin authors . :luck:

decription

Silvereyes said:
just wondering cause it wont even boot up , I guess I have to wait . :cry: good luck to the dolphin authors . :luck:
As fast as Dolphin is developing you need to understand that only one game is fully playable with another partially playable. Anything else is bonus. Besides it's best to just buy a GC at the moment. In order to play Metroid Prime you'll need to wait some time for Dolphin to have better speed and compadiblity. On top of that a GF4MX will not show everything. If they're not used now I'm confident pixel-shaders will be used. As amazing as the progress is you should step back and realize what's going on. It's been in developement merely 9 month and has accomplished what other emu's have taken years to do in months. At the moment your best bet is to buy it. A GCN is only $99 and Metroid is only $30. The other option is to wait for Dolphin to progress AND spend money upgrading your comp. I'd just buy it in the mean time.

Jfletcher

I prefer to play console games on my computer because of save states and much nicer graphics..
So it is most definitley not the only way to play Gamecube games. Especially in the future.

Bopig!

The Great BO
Jfletcher said:
I prefer to play console games on my computer because of save states and much nicer graphics..
So it is most definitley not the only way to play Gamecube games. Especially in the future.

I agree, I hate consoles. :getlost: You just can't go back to them after using Save states, and a PC monitor with an emulator.

Gorxon

Administrator
Bopig! said:
I agree, I hate consoles. :getlost: You just can't go back to them after using Save states, and a PC monitor with an emulator.

Save state is for wussies and you can use your monitor with your GameCube (adapter required of course). :icecream:

Jfletcher

I really only use savestates in games that don't have save anywhere, or if I have to quit real quick. It has made me a little weaker in certain types of games on real consoles though.

Metal-Geo

Bopig! said:
Yet, consoles are easier to take with you. I dont see myself in a car having a computer and a monitor next to me and a keyboard on my legs.

ryanraab

Metal-Geo said:
Yet, consoles are easier to take with you. I dont see myself in a car having a computer and a monitor next to me and a keyboard on my legs.

Laptops are easier to with you. lol I'm pretty sure those are considered computers. lol

Also metroid prime might be working in there private build. Guess will just have to wait and find out.

P.S just messing with you Metal-Geo

Bopig!

The Great BO
Metal-Geo said:

I don't play games on the go. If I'm doing some multiplayer, people come over to my place. That would change though If I had the money to buy a laptop. But I don't.. :down:

Metal-Geo

Bopig! said:
I don't play games on the go. If I'm doing some multiplayer, people come over to my place. That would change though If I had the money to buy a laptop. But I don't.. :down:
On-line mulitplayer support (like Kaillera) does make emus worth it. :)

Bopig!

The Great BO
Metal-Geo said:
On-line mulitplayer support (like Kaillera) does make emus worth it. :)

Ah yes, there's another reason why emulation is better than console gaming. Besides the save states, PC monitor and customizable controls, we've got FREE online gaming with games that don't usually even support such a feature! :cheers: to emulation!

linemu

In my experience save-states heavily cripple your gaming ability... I'm trying to beat games without save states, and I've found in most cases it's more fun.

Bopig!

The Great BO
That depends entirely on how you use them. If you are playing, say, a platform game and you save state before every big jump or something, then yes, your abusing it. But saving during a really hard boss battle or something is fair enough. There was this one battle in Mario Party 3, the final boss vs that damm star, I save state after every hit. That's how I use em.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Saving after every hit is also cheating.
Examples of not cheating: do a state whenever you save REALLY in the game (like having chosen save from the menu in zelda). Or, if there's some really hard boss battle in several parts you might save after EACH so you don't have to redo them every time you die (since it's damn annoying to re-do everything). That's a good way of using them.