What's new

Donkey Kong 64 und kein Camera Jump!!!

ComanderBlair

Donkey Kong 64 without Camera Jump!!!!

Hi,

use the Jabo 1.4 Graphic Plugin.

Select "Advanced" in Video-settings and set Frame Buffer Emulation to "Emulate Clear"

That should help :)

have phun

signed,

ComanderBlair

Last edited:

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Ach nein nicht noch mehr Deutschers !!
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh !!!

Ihr weist das ich das nicht meinte das war ein kleiner Witz LOL :p

OP
C

ComanderBlair

Zero said:
Ach nein nicht noch mehr Deutschers !!
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh !!!

Ihr weist das ich das nicht meinte das war ein kleiner Witz LOL :p

LOL

ok, let's switch back to english :)

P.S. if you ever find some mistakes, keep them :p

arman

hte camera is not the real problem. when i climb upp of a tree sudenly start at the begining of the level

sk8bloke22

roll for life
does that make it fully playable......it certainly works much better...wow thats good stuff there. cheers. im gona check it on pj64 with better sound. thanks a lot.

hehe, just checked didnt even work at all on pj64. could be my version...but still 1964 all the way.

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
The problem when DK is on top of the tree seems to be a new probem in 0.72+, no problem in 0.7.1.

To work it around, you can use 0.7.1 to play, and save state. Of course you can use 0.7.1 to play all the game, but if you want, you can use 0.7.3 to load the save state.

OP
C

ComanderBlair

sk8bloke22 said:
does that make it fully playable......it certainly works much better...wow thats good stuff there. cheers. im gona check it on pj64 with better sound. thanks a lot.

hehe, just checked didnt even work at all on pj64. could be my version...but still 1964 all the way.

check my last DK64 post in the Project 64 Forum :)

I got DK64 to work on PJ64 :)

signed,

ComanderBlair

crhylove

Banned
dk64

i can't get this one to work at all. what are the proper settings, one by one?

i would be a better beta tester/feedback guy if i had more roms.

on a totally different note, i'll send anyone who wants one a cd of my band. just email [email protected]

thnx!

rhy

OP
C

ComanderBlair

actually it's not Pj64 related here, that's why i wrote it in the PJ64 forum.

Well, here are the settings :

start PJ64.

Click Options->Settings.

Choose Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40. Then click OK.

click Options->Video Plugin configuration.

click on the "Advanced" Tab.

Set Frame Buffer Emulation to "Emulate Clear" (avoids in-game camera jump). Then click OK.

then click Options again.

Goto RSP configuration.

Set the CPU Core style to "Interpreter". Then click OK.

Now start the DK64 rom.

First u'll get an error message. Something about RSP.....Ignore it by clicking OK.

Now the Nintendo Logo appears.

Go now again to RSP configuration and set the CPU Core style to "Recompiler" (otherwise the emu crashes a bit later)

Now after the Game runs, press start on your Joypad. Enter the In-Game Options Menu, and set "Skip Intro" to "On".

Leave Options Menu, start the Game.

There you go. have fun with DK :)

Meanwhile i tested it a bit and played about one and a half hour. Seems it runs very well :)

signed,

ComanderBlair

Last edited:
OP
C

ComanderBlair

that's why i wrote: "actually it's not pj64 related here......"

the posts before the last one were 1964 related.

seemed to me that chrylove had probs with pj and dk, coz in my post before chrylove replied, i wrote i got it to work on pj64.

so when chrylove said: he couldn't get it to work, i assumed, that he meant the pj64 thing.

The 1964 related options for the camera jump is in the first post.

Last edited:

Glurak

you wrote "that's why i wrote it in the PJ64 forum." I didn't see anything in the pj64 forum I havenÄt looked closely but... ;)

OP
C

ComanderBlair

it's there:

"Donkey Kong 64 on PJ 64 works"

btw, the thread in the pj64 forum may sound a bit confusing....dunno....and so i thought chrylove may have checked it, and didn't get what i meant. that's why i replied to him here....*g*

signed,

ComanderBlair

crhylove

Banned
actually...

i was talkin' about 1964. pj is a little slow on this old dog. only in 1964 can i tweak the settings to get decent play on a few roms.

it's a k6-3 with PCI ati rage 128...

so you see my dilemma...

but i get most playable roms to work in 1964, though many are too slow to actually play, the work, however i have been unable to get dk64 to work, why, i don't know.

rhy

some games that are perfectly playable on my system (decent speed w/out sound):
cruisn' world
bust a move 99
ridge racer
automobili lambo (although a bit dark)
mario kart

strangely mario 64 always lands jumps a little slowly, no matter how i rearrange the cf settings.

anything i can run the 32 bit core on seems to go pretty quick, other than that one.

i'm an avid tester, but getting romz over 56k is taking, hmmm how shal i describe this? FOREVER! but i should no more in say...
2064?
lol
:devil:
:1964: