What's new

How to Play all the Sounds!

Naruto-Kun

PlayING all the Sounds is possible!

Hi there,

You can use the GC-Tool.exe program to extract the sound files, then you can use Cube2wav.exe to convert the sound files to wave.

Cube2wav just accept the *.adp files so you can rename all the sound files to *.adp files and convert them to a windows media player format.

I believe that the dolphin program can add a plugin to play sounds in their program.. why not?

Last edited:

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
If I got it right - it would be very difficult.
You'd have to get the files stripped from the game, then add some function that would pick the correct file, while the game is requesting the sound - the game request a speciffic file and if it would be played from "outside" , the plugin would have t oget the name of the "outside" file matching the "ingame" file and then play it - hellish desynchronization could ocure.

Tsury

BTM said:
If I got it right - it would be very difficult.
You'd have to get the files stripped from the game, then add some function that would pick the correct file, while the game is requesting the sound - the game request a speciffic file and if it would be played from "outside" , the plugin would have t oget the name of the "outside" file matching the "ingame" file and then play it - hellish desynchronization could ocure.

lol true, a direct read from the image and then play should be, like with the n64

OP
N

Naruto-Kun

I am talking about something else. I was explaining about playing GC games sounds in the media player .

The plugin I asked about it
this thing will be possible because emulating GC to PC that means Converting Gamecube files to be read by the Computer.
And Cube2Wav converts GC sounds to Computer Sounds, I think that it is possible to make a plugin inside the Dolphin program to hear sounds also..

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
I dont say that it is impossible, but it would put alot of pressure on the CPU and thus slow down the emulation.
Cub2wave uses static conversion - if that would be in an GC emulator, it would have to convert eevery sound file to the format that can be played by PC media players before the emulation, witch would take time + space , or during the emulation ( temp. ) witch could slow down the emu ( or even hang (?) for a moment ).

I'm sure the authors will think of something ;]

Knuckles

actually, I tried to do that on MKDD, SSBM, Zelda and Bust a move and it's not working at all (converting)