What's new

Naruto 2 - how to get it running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDragon

Hey, I ripped that great game once I saw the screenshots in the screenshot thread... I used Interpreter mode for both video and CPU... well, the videos at the beginning (even the cool anime intro) were all showing, however, then the screen turned first white, then black, with some sort of grey box at the bottom of the screen, and when I pressed start or A it would disappear and make the cor elevel rise up to 100%, no video drawing anymore. Also tried it in wireframe mode, same thing happened.

How did you get it to work??

PS: I was wondering - why does the emu show me about 17 FPS in the videos althoughI can only see 2 or maybe 3 FPS? I can count them, I mean!

Strange

I have the same problem...

SasukeUchiha:
"I shrank the GCM with dolphin, opened GC-tool 1.20, opened naruto 2 and then renamed the "movie" folder to "movBA" - this way it doesn't freeze. then it will work in any settings in dolphin. hope this helps. it's near impossible to play a whole battle though, it freezes 10 secs into battle!"

I think it should help...

Hmm - just tried it - didn`t work at all - black screen with 345fps...

Last edited:
OP
ZDragon

ZDragon

Like that, it doesn't work at all (after Naruto eating ramen noodles, the screen goes all black). Most probably because the game can't find the movie-folder, I think.

SasukeUchiha

hmmmm, strange. But i assure u, this is exactly what I did with the game, nothing else...try changing the movie folder with the uncompressed game. If that doesn't work, I've heard Naruto 1 worked well. sry guys

OP
ZDragon

ZDragon

Sasuke, why did you rename the folder? And why to movBA? Any reason for that or was it coincidence?

Strange

Maybe he have different version of game in some way...
Sasuke, post the shot from GCtool too...

SasukeUchiha

I renamed it "movBA" bacause the guy who got Pokemon colosseum working named it this and it worked cause the video was the thing making it crash.. and so i mucked around with GC-tool and Naruto until I got it to work, deciding to do wiyth it what the guy did to pokemon colesseum. BTW to rename folders in GC-tool u must right click and press rename. I would post a screenie but the attachments arn't working. if this doesn't work then I'm just not sure what else i can do

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
SasukeUchiha said:
I renamed it "movBA" bacause the guy who got Pokemon colosseum working named it this and it worked cause the video was the thing making it crash.. and so i mucked around with GC-tool and Naruto until I got it to work, deciding to do wiyth it what the guy did to pokemon colesseum. BTW to rename folders in GC-tool u must right click and press rename. I would post a screenie but the attachments arn't working. if this doesn't work then I'm just not sure what else i can do

Heh, I guess my little "Movie to movBA" technique works with more games than just Pokemon Colosseum. Anways, I'm glad my little trick works with more games than Pokemon. Maybe some games that crash during or in videos could have this "no movie trick" work with them. Then we can improve the compat on Dolphin even more.

OP
ZDragon

ZDragon

posty, now could *you* maybe explain why you used "movBA"? And not maybe "movCD"? Or something like that? Does it even matter, or is it just that the game doesn't find the video and skips it because of that?

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
ZDragon said:
posty, now could *you* maybe explain why you used "movBA"? And not maybe "movCD"? Or something like that? Does it even matter, or is it just that the game doesn't find the video and skips it because of that?

It's simple really, when the game searches for the movie, there is none, so the game has nothing to do but skip it and leave no video errors in Dolphin.

Naruto-Kun

When you rename the Folder Movie to MovBe, how to save what you have done in the gcm extension again?
thanks alot and I would really try it.

masterdan

>.< god.. noo! must play.. unfortunetely im getting what 90 percent of the peopel are reporting, a greyscale intro movie then blackness, if i change the movie folders name, after naruto eats ramen it goes black, please help.. please... i must play naruto :(

Anubis1

Banned
Hi!
I have a question! Where did you download the game naruto1?
I have the emulator but no game! Please can you give me the download link!

Last edited:
OP
ZDragon

ZDragon

Read the rules, motherfucker. We do not support Warez-Suckers like you, fuck off, damn it! Someone ban him please!

Anubis1

Banned
Sorry?
What did you say? I didnt know the rules because i have didnt read it!

Wenn du deutsch verstehst dann sage ich dir es jetzt auf deutsch! Ich habe nicht gewusst das man nicht um einen Link fragen darf! Da ich neu in diesem forum bin kenne ich mich noch nicht so gut aus! Und ich lade nicht von warez runter! Wenn du mich falsch verstanden hast dann tu es mir leid!

OP
ZDragon

ZDragon

Spiele runterladen ist illegal, verdammt! IMMER! Also komm mir nicht mit der "Och ich wusste nicht dass das Warez ist!"-Tour...

Außerdem solltest du dich nicht in einem Forum anmelden, ohne die Regeln zu lesen! Du darfst dich sogar nur registrieren, wenn du den Regeln ZUSTIMMST! Wenn du kein englisch verstehst, such woanders...

Tipp: Schau mal auf die Page von Dolphin (www.dolphin-emu.com):

DO NOT

- Ask for GC-iso's (aka gcm's)
- Tell people where to get GC-iso's (or tell them to contact you about it)
- Ask how to rip GC-iso's (google is your friend)

- Request the source code
- Insult people without reason, advertise or spam
- Don't write in capitals
- Double post
- Ask to be a betatester

Anubis1

Banned
Sorry nocheinmal! Englisch verstehe ich sogar sehr gut! (gehe auf eine HTL!) Nur bin immer zu faul sie zu lesen! :sleeping: Da ich gedacht habe das das so ein forum für isos und roms ist habe ich gedacht ich kann das hier fragen! Und auf der seite war ich schon! Kann man nur den emu loaden!

OP
ZDragon

ZDragon

...und daher ist ein Ban absolut gerechtfertigt, du Volltrottel. Aber ich glaube, solche Idioten wie du sind eh geistlich zu sehr limitiert, als dass sie englisch lesen könnten.

Ich gehe eh davon aus, dass du jetzt von selbst die Fliege machst...

PS: Kauf dir den Gamecube, er ist das Geld allemal wert, besser als jede andere Konsole der Welt... und die Spiele lassen sich dann auch rippen.

Anubis1

Banned
Naja! Habe schon einen Gamecube mit über 20 spielen! Wollte nur auch in der schule auf meinem laptop spielen! Und mit deinem beleidigungen da kommst eh nicht weiter! Stört mich nicht! Wie lassen sie sich rippen? Man kann sie nicht einmal lesen! Wäre cool wenn du mir verraten würdest wie das geht! Habe jetzt sonic heroes und das will ich umbedingt am laptop auch spielen können! Mein laufwerk kann die disks nicht lesen! Wie soll ich sie rippen!

Status
Not open for further replies.