What's new

Can't use MS Sidewinder w/P64. Why?

rcross

I have a MS Sidewinder game pad installed on my Pc. It works great with PC games, but, try as I might, I cannot get it to function with Project 64 1.5. I've been using my keyboard OK, but I encounter major problems with arrows and longshot. Instead of longshot scrolling slowly and continuously,it hops by small segments. In one case, nothing I do will make it center on a target, I'm stopped dead from advancing. Any help out there?

Skaarj

rcross said:
I have a MS Sidewinder game pad installed on my Pc. It works great with PC games, but, try as I might, I cannot get it to function with Project 64 1.5.

Well, unfortunately I don't know why your gamepad isn't working with Project64. Maybe you should try reinstalling the drivers. I have the same gamepad and it works perfectly with Project64.

rcross said:
I've been using my keyboard OK, but I encounter major problems with arrows and longshot. Instead of longshot scrolling slowly and continuously,it hops by small segments.

Don't forget that nearly all N64 games are designed to be played with an analogue. It's difficult to play them without a stick. I have the same problem in certain games but you can try to use modifiers. Nrages plugin supports this function. I think it's integrated in Project64 v1.5. So just choose it in the settings tab. With modifiers you can define the range of the analogue stick and aim more accurate. This is extremely helpful when using the hookshot or the bow in Zelda: Oot or MM.

OP
R

rcross

Thanks

Thanks, Skaarl. I used "Clement's" pad config rec and my Sidewinder now works great. I also muddled around and re-config'd my input plug-in and solved the other problem.

rcross

Skaarj said:
rcross said:
I have a MS Sidewinder game pad installed on my Pc. It works great with PC games, but, try as I might, I cannot get it to function with Project 64 1.5.

Well, unfortunately I don't know why your gamepad isn't working with Project64. Maybe you should try reinstalling the drivers. I have the same gamepad and it works perfectly with Project64.

rcross said:
I've been using my keyboard OK, but I encounter major problems with arrows and longshot. Instead of longshot scrolling slowly and continuously,it hops by small segments.

Don't forget that nearly all N64 games are designed to be played with an analogue. It's difficult to play them without a stick. I have the same problem in certain games but you can try to use modifiers. Nrages plugin supports this function. I think it's integrated in Project64 v1.5. So just choose it in the settings tab. With modifiers you can define the range of the analogue stick and aim more accurate. This is extremely helpful when using the hookshot or the bow in Zelda: Oot or MM.