What's new

which emu to use ?

saurus75

just wondering which emu to use now that rice plugin's getting so great ?

used to run pj64 and it's good but does rice plugins run good with that :) hehe

thanks for any answer ya can give me guys :)

have a good day and please game on ....

khanmeister

Banned
saurus75 said:
just wondering which emu to use now that rice plugin's getting so great ?

used to run pj64 and it's good but does rice plugins run good with that :) hehe

thanks for any answer ya can give me guys :)

have a good day and please game on ....

PJ64 is a great emu, but 1964 leaves it laying cold on a Siberian hard wood floor. Especially with Rice's new 5.4.0 plugin. However, I still use the Jabo 1.5 plugin for some games, or the Orkin one, and sometimes even the glide plugin. But with the new 1964 you can set it up to seemlessly integrate all of them and have true 99% compatiblity with your rom collection. It may take some setup, but in the end it is soooooo worth it.

Kethinov

I've found that between 1964 0.8.5, 0.9.9, and pj64 1.5 across various plugins, I can emulate just about any game.

riles9262

My dissident is here...
Kethinov said:
I've found that between 1964 0.8.5, 0.9.9, and pj64 1.5 across various plugins, I can emulate just about any game.

1964 0.9.9 is now the best emu out ther, but i also need to alternate between rice's and jabos plugins for the best performance.

OP
S

saurus75

Rice Plugin's

But Does Rice's New Plugin Work Good With Pj64 Or Does It Go Better With 1964... Good Answers Please :)

khanmeister

Banned
saurus75 said:
But Does Rice's New Plugin Work Good With Pj64 Or Does It Go Better With 1964... Good Answers Please :)

Let me tell you again: Just use 1964. There's no point in using PJ64 at the moment (atm). get 1964, and copy jabo's plugin into the plugin directory. Then select the settings that work the best for you for each rom. (input, video, sound, all configurable per game!) then play the games. It's THAT SIMPLE.

:1964:

desertboy

Xbox N64 Emulation Fanatic
Why post in the 1964 section everyone going to say 1964, I recommend 1964 over PJ64. Post it in general discussion and you'll get a less biased opinion. PJ64 is great but everything runs very nicely in 1964 that I want to play. With Rice's plugin, Gonetz upcoming Glide64 release and Orkin's plugin I doubt I'll need Jabo's vid plugin.

Clements

I still prefer Project64 because it is much more stable and uses less resources. But 1964 is good and it's core is better with certain games like Banjo-Kazooie and DK64. The gap between the two is very small. Use either.

Jabo's plugin is still the one to beat, although Glide64's next release will crush it easily with better compatibility and better faster hi-res framebuffer.

Last edited:

riles9262

My dissident is here...
Clements said:
I still prefer Project64 because it is much more stable and uses less resources. But 1964 is good and it's core is better with certain games like Banjo-Kazooie and DK64. The gap between the two is very small. Use either.

Jabo's plugin is still the one to beat, although Glide64's next release will crush it easily with better compatibility and better faster hi-res framebuffer.

maybe 1964 uses more resources, but i have not known the new version to be less stable crash wise, unless you meant something different. and when is the next glide release scheduled, or is that privileged info? :)