What's new

Sugestions + Ideas for Dolphin

Xreapa

Hello all, l was thinking it would be nice to give the makers of Dolphin ideas from the fans, on what could be implemented into Dolphin and also haw difficult it would be to add the desired features:-

Afew l thought of was that if the graphics plugin is better designed for ATI graphics cards, possibly is when a non supported feature of a Nividia card is called, then it could convert it into a feature that all nvidia cards can do.

I have tested alot of games on both graphics cards and found that the Nvidia card is less supported. Im guessing it is because of the early stages that Dolphin is in, but alot of people have nvidia cards and they might like this feature. Even if it does slow down emulation.

Does anyone have any other ideas or thoughts. If so post away.

Also if it is a possiblity to do what l mentioned. What sort of extra load would it create in basic emulation and framerate.

Thanks Xreapa.

Kevo

What was the ATI card you tested dolphin with?... and what GCM did you use in testing the graphic card? :/

kage

I dont know that this thread can go anywhere good. Most of the posts that are likely to be posted will be

1) Make more games work (Obviously they are working on that)

2) Make more games work faster (Again, that seems to be the direction they are headed)

3) Make "whatever game" work (This just annoyes the authors)

4) Release your builds faster (Sheesh, this one even pisses me off)

5) Why do men have nipples? (Oh wait, that one probably wont get asked too many times)

Please guys, whatever you do, read the above listed suggestions, and do NOT suggest them. Thank you for your time, and now back to your regular scheduled program...

:ninja:

khanmeister

Banned
kage said:
I dont know that this thread can go anywhere good. Most of the posts that are likely to be posted will be

1) Make more games work (Obviously they are working on that)

2) Make more games work faster (Again, that seems to be the direction they are headed)

3) Make "whatever game" work (This just annoyes the authors)

4) Release your builds faster (Sheesh, this one even pisses me off)

5) Why do men have nipples? (Oh wait, that one probably wont get asked too many times)

Please guys, whatever you do, read the above listed suggestions, and do NOT suggest them. Thank you for your time, and now back to your regular scheduled program...

:ninja:

I'm already excited about netplay, but I'm not super happy with any of the current implementations. It's very hard to walk my n00b friends through kaillera. It'd be killer if we had some IM integration, or some other form of "p2p" networking to connect our emulators.

This should be a lower priority than lots of other stuff, though.

Then again, I'd love to play bam3k with my distant friends.....

Gapingwound

nvidia vs ATI

Xreapa,
one possible reason why ATI cards *seem* to have better support than nVidia cards is that the GC uses an ATI video system (I won't call it a card), and although it is undoubtedly different from ATI PC video cards, I'm sure a LOT of the features are handled the same on both the GC and PC.

Strange

heh - card in GC and PC are VERY different, so don`t no why Radeons better for Dolphin - perhaps better shading processing... Anyway i don`t see many differens on Dolphin between Radeon and FX - same speed,same quality...

llecoPOWER

Hello, I new here (my inglish is so bad, because I'm learnig);

I so happy with dolphin, one sugestion, add suport to memory card file, one option for play on full screen and one button for quick save/load.

Thanks

Allnatural

I wouldn't offer suggestions unless the authors ask for them. All the "suggestions" I've read so far are either lame, or obvious features yet to be implemented.
one possible reason why ATI cards *seem* to have better support than nVidia cards is that the GC uses an ATI video system (I won't call it a card), and although it is undoubtedly different from ATI PC video cards, I'm sure a LOT of the features are handled the same on both the GC and PC.
The GC's graphics chip was developed by ArtX. ATi purchased the company late in the development process.

If one card works better than another it's probably because the authors code with just one card.

Clements

Everything I've tried so far has worked beautifully with my GeForceFX. It's just MX and Ti cards that aren't supported all that well since they only support DX7 and DX8 respectively, so you get black textures and stuff with certan games with these. The same is probably true with Radeon 9200 and below.

Kiantsu

I wanna actualice my graphic card... I didn't have to buy it in christmas... u know some place where they can change my nVidia Geforce 4 MX 440 with AGP8X 128MB for an ATI RADEON 9600 128MB???

Metal-Geo

ATI Radeon ×××× arent really what i should call....video carts. ATI makes chip-sets for graphics. It may sound a bit crazy, but i do think an ATI is more supported for Dolphin then a GeForce.