What's new

Loading problem

Dark Angel

Hi, I'm new to this Gamecube emu thing. I just downloaded the Pokemon Collesseum game, opened it up and loaded on Dolphin and I get this message (see attachment). Afterwards, I get an illegal shutdown program error message as well. Can anyone help me here?

Davemc

Dave
You have to change your desktop settings to 16-bit if I remember and/or your graphics card is crap. :/

OP
D

Dark Angel

I know my graphics card is crap. I need to save up alot of money to buy Raedon and pay the guy who made this custom computer to install it. Hopefully, that will probably fixed all those D3D errors for this emu and Halo PC.

Knuckles

is DX9 installed?
by seeing your video card, it should be the prob.
Also, check in the video plugin settings if it is set to "HAL" or "REF", switch between both.

kage

Posted by badass_jake - February 15th, 2004 at 08:16
"My computer doesn't detect the video plugin..."

Oddly enough I had the same problem. I just uninstalled the emu, reinstalled it and that fixed it for me. Good luck.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
no matter how many times i reply in any thread for the same error, NO ONE HELPS ME!!
NOTHING you have mentioned works
i am getting a new PC when PCI-Express, Socket 939, and DDR2 debut, and in the mean time may use one of the PCs i am buyoing for my dad's office (AMD Athlon 64 3000+ and GFFX 5900XT (won't be staying in that PC heh heh)) but in the meantime of the meantime may get a GFFX 5200 to be the future replacement for that 5900XT which i will keep, YUM

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
sheik124 said:
no matter how many times i reply in any thread for the same error, NO ONE HELPS ME!!

Your video card is most likely too slow - Dolphin doesn't support 3dfx, and will not run on your savage.

Knuckles

bLAdEbLA said:
... Dolphin doesn't support 3dfx, ....

Correction, I got dolphin to run on a Voodoo 4 PCI, but on XP, the V2 doesn't supports D3D, that's why but ONLY for V1/V2.

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
Knuckles said:
Correction, I got dolphin to run on a Voodoo 4 PCI, but on XP, the V2 doesn't supports D3D, that's why but ONLY for V1/V2.

Thanks Knuckles. What he said :D... if it's a stand-alone card that support direct3d, you should be fine. But not with an old S3 + Glide addon card.

goku262002

yeah i have the same problem so it could be my card huh well i dont think its the D3D actin up because i got 9.0 beta well heres my system requirements i hope this helps! (im kind of new to the NGC emu. kind of thing too!):

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/16/2004, 00:06:41
Machine name: SIMPSON
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp1.020828-1920)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: VIA Technologies, Inc.
System Model: VT8363
BIOS: v1.0 ~ v1.2
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.2GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 157MB used, 1861MB available
Windows Dir: D:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0902 32bit Unicode