What's new

osX21

I'm back
Well, it's out, so how do you guys like it? Since mem pak works, I can actually play a great deal of games now, and so can you. Thoughts? Bugs?

Trotterwatch

I dont like it at all because noone should like to pay for free software

Not making you pay for Free Software - by definition if something is free then you don't ever have to pay for it.

This is I supposed 'Shareware' you can use it, but for the full benefit register it. Your decision, take it or leave it.

HippyShoes

I'm happy to pay for the small shareware price myself, and pretty happy with the progress so far .. small compat. and minor speed improvements lately .. sweet!

Hopefully Gerrit is still working on both compat. and speed though coz they both could use a boost sooner or later. ??

HS

gerrit

You can download sixtyforce, play Super Mario (or any number of games) through to the end, and never pay any shareware fee. Sure, you can't use your game controller or play in fullscreen, but if you really enjoy using it shouldn't you support it?

Should software be free? I don't know. Personally I think food and medicine should be free, but maybe that's just me. =)

Anyway, I am working on speed and compatibility, but I've found they sometimes get in each other's way ;) I expect to have a new release very soon to fix some minor bugs in 0.8.0, but I'm not sure what else will make it in...

- Gerrit

Clements

Medicine's free where I come from :)

Shareware's not such a bad thing, it helps with the costs of materials needed for quick progression of the emulator, and also it's always good to give something back for all the hard work.

Geoz

De Master
agreed

Shareware's not such a bad thing said:
Hi all i'm back!
I agree, i think it's perfectly fine to charge for something that you have put alot of hard work into, and it's not as if the price is excessive, when i get my new Mac i am gunna definatly register, cos u can't loose, ur paying for development u enjoy, and quicker progression!
Good Work! :cheers: cheers!

OP
O

osX21

I'm back
Yeah, I agree that you should pay for shareware if ya like it. I payed for sixtyforce, so now I can save!

ToeJam

osX21 said:
Yeah, I agree that you should pay for shareware if ya like it. I payed for sixtyforce, so now I can save!
Same here…
Great job on the latest version gerrit!