What's new

console emulators for gamecube

Vegetable

Banned
LOL, I'm not sure about what I've heard, but isn't the Xbox a more powerful machine compared to the gamecube?

Clements

Just about, yes. Both are similar capabilities, but the XBox is more powerful.

The original question of the thread shows extreme ignorance of emulators and how they work and ignorance of the capabilities of the various consoles, and doesn't even merit a proper response. The GC is simply too slow. It can just do N64 with Ninty's emulator.

Last edited:

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I wouldn't say Gamecube is slower then PS2 or XBox. But emulating those systems on an equal system isn't possible with any decent results. Look at the specs for Gamecube and then the specs required for an N64 emulator to run on the PC. This should give you an idea on how powerful the Gamecube is even though it doesn't have as many clock cycles as a PC. One instance where clock cycles doesn't tell you the entire story about how fast a system really is.

Kawoul

It's simple... it's a problem of translation :(
Assume two console A and B with equal possibilities, says that for both are the speed is 100.
Assume that there existe a perfect emulator to go from A to B to emulate the systems A on systems B which take 30% of the time of systems B.

you have

B - 30 = 70%

System A will run at 70% on system B even if A and B have the same capabilities

OP
R

ravenslayer

Young butt learning
dosmaen said:
Why do we get such idiotic people on these message boards..... :(

listen it wass yust a question i don't know much about the system settings from these consoles all i asked is are there emu's for gamecube.
By the way i already think it's a very great thing that the guys of dolphin programed dolphin so good. If they can do that they can code allot more maybe some day an xbox or ps2 emu for gc. So STOP the crap about crap about idiotic (i'm trying my best to learn) because with this great coders everything is posible.

THNX to the guys who did try two give me a good answer

(ssry if my english isn't that well :D)

Last edited:

MrRatt

Aparently you didn't understand Kawoul's reply. It will never be possible to play a PS2 or XBOX game at full speed on the GameCube due to translation overhead. Getting a current PC to play PC/XBOX/GC at full speed is quite a challenge itself, and it has quite a few more clock cycles then the consoles do.

Gorxon

Administrator
Dark Angel said:
Will the GC have emulators in the future that will allow you to play games for N64 or older?

There are a N64 and a NES emulator already, but (unfortunately) they're made by Nintendo as part of games and illegal to distribute. Hence, please do not ask where to find them here.

NeoNight

lol yeah! and then port that ps2 emu to playstation 2! and port that xbox emu to xbox!

" It can just do N64 with Ninty's emulator. "

eh? can you PM me some info about that clements?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Ummm...it emulates zelda master quest. K? Ninty made an emulator on the disc as part of the game than actually ran the zelda mq on the gc, even though it was compiled for n64.

Brcue

Hey, I need someone to make me an emulator that adds an extra screen to my Gamecube, so I can hook up an extra tv. I also need it to be able to run Xbox games in one screen. Also, it needs to be done by TOMORROW.

Thanks in advance. I'll be checking.

:icecream: