What's new

Comments removed at dolphin-emu.com

Martin

Administrator
Due to abuse (not only abusive comments, but people taking advantage of security holes in the comments script), the ability to post comments on the site have been disabled. Please leave your comments here at the forum instead.

I have offered to write a comments system based on vBulletin (yes, this forum), which would be similar to what we have at the news page at http://www.emulation64.com, but it's up to the Dolphin team to decide what they want to do. It's possible the webmaster Falcon4ever will take his own approach, but we'll see.

Thought I'd let everyone know before people start wondering where they went. :)

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
dosmaen said:
Damn, that sucks.
I hope they don't remove it permanantly because people were misusing it.

Actually I agree entirely with the descision... 50% of the posts were irresponsible and beside the point. It was bound to turn into some stupid argument sooner or later. If people want to have their say, I'd say do it here so everyone knows who they are.

br0w4r

SOLDIER First Class
bLAdEbLA said:
Actually I agree entirely with the descision... 50% of the posts were irresponsible and beside the point. It was bound to turn into some stupid argument sooner or later. If people want to have their say, I'd say do it here so everyone knows who they are.

That's about time they were removed. Too many idiots talking ****
Now the authors can get some rest

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Comments are back, it seems. I don't know the reason for this, I bet it won't take long before people abuse the exploit in the script again.

EDIT: The reason they're back is that the exploit has been fixed. I would still rather see the comments powered by the forum though. :)

ShadowPrince

I hope it will take some time now, before someone finds another hole :).
I think that news comments on dolphin site and dolphin forum on emutalk complement each other very well. News script supposed to be for comments only, and forum for asking questions,getting answers and general discussions . Beside some minor security flaws ,comment script have it's advantages as you don't need registration for posting comments ,faster loading and posting times than on forum,and it will work when forum is down.Makes sense to keep it.