What's new

BIg Problem

Ganondorf XP

I have downloaded Animal Crossing, Bust-a-Move 3000
Crazy Taxi (*.gcm) and when I load them a direct3D pop-up windows is shown on my screen with this message ''Direct3D Device creating failed!'
I hace downloaded the last directX setup DX9.0b and It shows the same ting, (I checked in DXDiag to see if i had errors with DX9 but in DXDiag there is no problem) I have not changed option of dolphin and I have WINXP Pro !!!Please help me

What should i do???

tonyrayo

I Love Sushi!
Also, your gfx drivers may be causing the conflict. There isn't a known DX issue, so we have to figure the problem is isolated to your pc (I know, that's the last thing you want to hear). Let us know what happens when you tweak the settings in your video driver though.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
If you have on-board video hardware, unless it's Nvidia based, change the desktop
to 16-bit color. Intel on-board video and on-board SiS video hardware usually don't support 32-bit color when running anything 3D. If you have Windows XP, Windows will always choose 32-bit color by default. Windows XP ignores the fact that the majority of on-board Intel and on-board SiS video hardware don't support 32-bit
color under anything 3D, thus causing 3D applications to flip out with video init failure error messages, including some 3D applications flipping out with "unrecoverable" error messages for no apparent reason . If you have Windows XP, you are required to force the desktop color setting to 16-bit color. If you don't
with on-board Intel and on-board SiS video, you probably are going to get video error messages.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
RJARRRPCGP said:
If you have on-board video hardware, unless it's Nvidia based, change the desktop
to 16-bit color. Intel on-board video and on-board SiS video hardware usually don't support 32-bit color when running anything 3D. If you have Windows XP, Windows will always choose 32-bit color by default. Windows XP ignores the fact that the majority of on-board Intel and on-board SiS video hardware don't support 32-bit
color under anything 3D, thus causing 3D applications to flip out with video init failure error messages, including some 3D applications flipping out with "unrecoverable" error messages for no apparent reason . If you have Windows XP, you are required to force the desktop color setting to 16-bit color. If you don't
with on-board Intel and on-board SiS video, you probably are going to get video error messages.
not helping!! i get the same error, does anyone know how to make my voodoo2 work for D3D as i know it supports it, i cannot find the option for it tho

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Skeik, did you even listen to Knux? Voodoo 2 CANNOT go D3D. In other words, Voodoo2 = NO DIRECT3D = UPGRADE UR CARD OR ELSE YOU CANT PLAY. Your card is OpenGL and Glide ONLY!

sheik124

Emutalk Member
posty_2k3 said:
Skeik, did you even listen to Knux? Voodoo 2 CANNOT go D3D. In other words, Voodoo2 = NO DIRECT3D = UPGRADE UR CARD OR ELSE YOU CANT PLAY. Your card is OpenGL and Glide ONLY!
gosh your a dumb piece of shit, i am no longer referring to the voodoo you dumbass
Myself said:
ok, so how can i make the most out of this fatass prosavage

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Jesus christ dude. What the fuck is a "prosavage". As long as I know, it's called a Savage Pro, with spaces, not one word like prosavage. I'm the dumbass? Either way, you need to upgrade your crappy cards. AT LEAST A GeForce4 would be needed for "decent" graphics. I bet I know alot more about computers than you do. Buy a GeForceFX or an ATI Radeon 9500. They don't cost alot now. Get rid of those out of date graphics cards. Also, sory for mis reading your post, but once again, a "prosavage" isn't a "proper" video card name. Try spelling it better next time.

tonyrayo

I Love Sushi!
Flaming aside, I do not believe either of those gfx cards are powerful enough to run Dolphin. I may be wrong, but I believe both of those cards are too old to do you much good.