What's new

Futur of Dolphin

kpitn

We can see that Bust a move works very good (90-110 fps for me)
Display of the menu of some games works very good too (mario kart, zelda)

But the problems begins with 3d level.
Can we hope that next version of dolphin optimize 3d to play 3d games ?
i mean to have at least 30-60 fps for mario or zelda.

Or 10 - 20 fps is the max of next version of dolphin ?

Fps depends of computer so i'm talking with my config :
P4 2.6 C + Radeon 9800 pro.

Last Question , when the next version of dolphin be release ? :)

Remote

I'm more then pleased with that they decided to release a teaser so now we have something to play around with and the team has time to do other things :D

OP
K

kpitn

Yes it's great to launch the game and see they are working pretty good.

A new step in the emulation.

Please Please, team who dev dolphin make fast.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Make Fast? Hm alittle demanding are we?

Fast isn't a priority when it comes to developing a emulator, it's compatability.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
ZDragon said:
I guess he meant that F|res and ector should hurry up.
Either way, he should learn that emulators won't be developed fast just because he wants it to. It takes alot of time and research to do just what they do, if they had ANY idea how hard it is he would just give the authors money just for what they do. He is a user and he is not paying for this program.

Youkai

CpU MasteR said:
Either way, he should learn that emulators won't be developed fast just because he wants it to. It takes alot of time and research to do just what they do, if they had ANY idea how hard it is he would just give the authors money just for what they do. He is a user and he is not paying for this program.

yeah u are right ... but can add to ur pos that : at the beginning none thought that it is possible to play GC game at the PC and the ppl who make the emu are VERY good because i think it is realy hard work ... and like i sayed most people thought it is impoible to make GC emu ...

OP
K

kpitn

I know it's hard to make a emulator, it was just a prayer

When the teaser was release, a second version comes a few hours after, so i believe that the team who makes dolphin, could give us new version soon, even if they are minor change.

my wish : support of the game pad, support of the save, optimisation with 3d (to get more fps) and see 3d thing (who appears in black).

I konw this is a lot, so take your time and continue to give us hope ;)

Last edited:

Durandle

I have to say this is quite amazing - never though I would see it. However, here is an interesting question... (and don't flame me, I know how tempting it maybe)

Seeing as the CPU is based pretty much on the PPC chip (G4 class I seem to remember, or something close to that) would a Mac port run faster as not so many instructions would need interpreting? Just asking out of interest really - and to know if a port is possible/likely to happen.

Mizugori

bah forget macs keep working on the pc one first :)

er sorry im just greedy, my top desire is compatibility with more games. im curious as to why different games respond so differently to the program...for example animal crossing, a very small game it seems, will do nothing more than flash the nintendo logo. yet crazi taxi will run at nearly 20 fps on my pc and i even get sound! the graphical glitches i have are nothing major...just black where it shouldnt be.

congrats on the project...god id love to slap all those morons who jumped on the "cant be done for 2 years" bandwagon

Durandle

hehe I actually have a P4 2.4Ghz here as well as a Mac so I am happy as is. Also, I am not saying work on it now as well - more, at a later stage when things are looking better, is it possible - or are there too many PC specific bits of code being used (i.e. Ultra HLE is pretty much unportable as it uses low level code designed for x86 CPUs) - oh and if I am speaking cr*p tell me, I dont know that much about emu coding to be honest, more guess work :)

Mizugori

how much c++ knowledge/exp. would one need to begin thinking about writing an emu for a VERY BASIC platform. er, that is to emulate something like i dunno maybe NES to windows?

Whobetta

Man, have some patience lol. Its already crazy to see that game screens are loading and some are running fine. Emulation has come such a long way the coders are getting better and smarter, its crazy that they can already start emulating Gamecube. Remember when emulation started it took so long to get almost perfect emulation for things like SNES and Genesis..

Mizugori

er ok

:getlost: um if you were responding to me...thanks for not answering my question in the slightest... otherwise, anyone help me out?

ZDragon

To answer your question, Mizugori: it is not *that difficult to emulate such a platform (for example, you won't have to do much speed optimization at all), but still you would need to inform yourself about it. I imagine that the most difficult job is finding the information you need.