What's new

0.7.3 feedback

crhylove

Banned
.73 feedback goes here

Great job guys! many changes in .73....

good list.....
no more crashing when switching between full screen/window...
beetle adventure racing MUCH faster and playable.
cruis'n usa faster/playable.
perfect dark faster.

ok, now i still get some funky errors:
bad list...
pokemon puzzle league (i LOVE this game, esp puzzle university) has way funky gfx and isn't playable (although it says playable in the 1964 file mangler).
beetle adventure racing has white trees and some polygons are oversized and/or in the wrong place.
cruisn' usa plays fine, but the mph/hud (all the text on the screen)shows up way small filling only 1/4 of the screen.
episode one i get some wierd psychedellic effects. this is jabo 1.4 though, right?
ridge racer 64 works VERY well, but occasionally when i collide with another car all i get is the background, mountains and sky.
bug's life is black, i get no colors, just black and a light blue sky background.
mario 64 the text is grey on white when you talk to somebody, and his head is all black at the beginning on the press start screen.

most of these problems i've had from version 7.0, so maybe my settings aren't right.

all roms are good'n checked.

jabo1.4 d3d

default settings unless specified. (sometimes i turn off auto V/I for speed on this k6-III).

great work guys! hope my testing info helps!

rhy
:devil:

Eddy

I Run This
Well chrylove, suonds like they are all your video card's problem, rather than 1964 related, what vcard you using ? and what drivers?

Glurak

.73 is way more stable for me then the last evrsion was but it still likes to crash if I'm in the menus in mid game :D but at least it doesn't seem to crash randomly during gameplay anymore :D

and I get great speed in smash bros' with 32bit mode (it's also faster without (compred to .71) but with 32bit mode it runs at full speed with 4 guys in the arena (but some things don't show up in 32bit mode :( but these things aren't needed for gameplay so it's just superfast :D)

Last edited:

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
I really enjoy the release that was made. Especially, because Rice and Schibo took a lot of our suggestions. I think thats awesome. All I would like to see is a few games that havent been emulated work, such as Battle for Naboo, Rogue Squardon etc. And have all the NFL Blitz series work. Other than that, I give 1964 an A++++++!! Good job. :1964:

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
vid card probs..

i'm usin' an ati rage 128 xpert, i've tried a couple diff drivers, including the latest greatest and a previous one, which one do you recommend?

rhy

ps
and yeah, it is a vid card problem, cuz if i switch to all internal transforms, i get less errors on some stuff.

schibo

Emulator Developer
Glurak said:
.73 is way more stable for me then the last evrsion was but it still likes to crash if I'm in the menus in mid game :D but at least it doesn't seem to crash randomly during gameplay anymore :D

and I get great speed in smash bros' with 32bit mode (it's also faster without (compred to .71) but with 32bit mode it runs at full speed with 4 guys in the arena (but some things don't show up in 32bit mode :( but these things aren't needed for gameplay so it's just superfast :D)

hey Glurak,

Blargh., I just noticed this menu problem in-game in Windows2000. Oddly, it doesn't happen in XP. What's OS are you using ? I think it will be an easy fix.

::Update:: I made a sticky thread on our messageboard that tells you how to fix this problem

ZakkWylde, seems to be a random prob with save-states for a few games that require TLB :\
We'll look to both these things. Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Glurak

schibo said:

hey Glurak,

Blargh., I just noticed this menu problem in-game in Windows2000. Oddly, it doesn't happen in XP. What's OS are you using ? I think it will be an easy fix.

Maybe I should write my specs in my sig :D
Win 98SE

Allnatural

The Sound in Wave Race is back to normal (normal=good:) )

Don't know if it was ever working flawlessly, but Turok 1 still crashes on me frequently.

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
problems in ridge racer 64.

i just noticed that ridge racer works perfect in pj64, but not in 1964 with jabo 1.4 in both. initially, i thought it was the gfx plugin, but after comparison....

...the game/cars/streets/etc. all work great, but the speedo needle is higher than the gauge, and the other gfx (what place you are, etc.) are not there at all. could be my funky card/driver situation, but it works well in pj64, so i thought i'd tell ya.

rhy

schibo

Emulator Developer
ok thanks dude,

ya, there's another annoying little bug we need to fix too. if you smack up against another car, the game freezes :\

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
amusing.

yeah, one time i smacked up against a car, and all i got was background, but the rear view mirror kept working. i tried to keep driving using the rear view mirror only, but... that was just silly.... lol

rhy

Kakarot

Great Release!!

The .73 patch really was a life saver from version .72. All of the problems that I had are gone except the menu one in which the game freezes when the menus are clicked on during gameplay. I just thought I should mention this because I have Windows ME. So could this situation be different from the one above? Anyways I just wanted to say how great this release is. Thanks Schibo and Rice!!

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
ideas for the future.

i was going through my roms tweaking settings, etc., and i thought, maybe there could be an option in one of the menus to set ALL roms to a certain cf. just for us testers, and people with crappy machines.

another perhaps more valid thought, is a ROM setting that chooses the plugin. That way you can use diff vid plugins for diff roms, for instance star wars racer episode 1 works with RCP, but not jabo, so have a rom setting that chooses the plugin, that could later be part of the ini. is that too much work 2 implement?

both of these ideas will be invalidated eventually as gfx plugins improve, and as machine specs improve, but they'd help this interim situation many are most likely in.

another question, i haven't found any plugin/emu that'll run dr. mario 64. why is that? seems like a damn simple game, compared to perfect dark, diddy kong, etc...

rhy
:1964:
:devil:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
actually i know wat would be a bit better. if u could change the CF permentantly rather than having to go through the game settings via a hotkey.

also blast corps has gone completely bonkers. the game was actually pretty playable before. but now the gfx seem mucked...and the truck explodes the sec u start a game, making it unplayable. could it be something to do with the newly implemented changes to saving? it kinda reminds when link died at the begining of MoM due to the lack of flashram support.

schibo

Emulator Developer
agreed :)

CF is a default that the user should be able to modify. Currently, the default is CF=2.

We also plan to improve timing in the future, so hopefully CF will become less quirky and _maybe_ even unnecessary??.

schibo

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i must say, i am finding 0.7.1 to be much better. firstly a few games are broken.......doom has gone crazy (gfx, was fine before) and same with blast corps. also, for me anway, crusin 'usa wont shift from a black screen......as with bust'a'move 3 dx.

if its only me, then im not sure wats wrong. also i think there should only be one official, no offense to those making the ini's, but after trying the latest unofficial one, some games stopped working like buck bumble. its fine for unofficial inis to be released. but we need someone with all roms, or most, to make one complete, and fully tested ini.