does it need a dvd drive?

system specs:
Os= Windows xp sp1
Graphic card= intel extreme graphics 64mb
sound= sound max
1.7ghz 245mb memory

Acorn

Ouch!

You can't read the GC disks in a computer at the moment easily. Not even with a dvd drive. You have to make an image of the disk, which can be done through the gamecube. Search the board or google, there is plenty of info on how to do this.

Meta03

So unlike Playstation disks, Gamecube disks can not be run on a computer without the actual Gamecube console? I would love to purchase Gamecube games as long as I can run them on my computer.

kage

Meta03 said:
So unlike Playstation disks, Gamecube disks can not be run on a computer without the actual Gamecube console? I would love to purchase Gamecube games as long as I can run them on my computer.

That is correct my friend. Your PC drives just cant do anything with 'em (except make that cool whirley noise when its spinning them!)

:ninja:

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
You need an NR-Writer to even try and read them, good luck on finding one though, as they more or less don't exist outside the walls of a game development company.

DOGG

SayianX said:
I Just Went And Bought Super Mario Sunshine
and i put it in my cd drive (cd-rw) and nothing happed
does it need a dvd drive?

system specs:
Os= Windows xp sp1
Graphic card= intel extreme graphics 64mb
sound= sound max
1.7ghz 245mb memory

Dude, if you bought the game, expecting it to work in a CD drive (it's a DVD!), that's a pretty dumb thing to do. Besides that, you seriously can't expect the emulator (especially in it's 1st release) to play it properly.

That... and your system sux. You definitely need something better than a shitty intel intergated video card which shares it's ram (which you have little of) with the system.

Anyway, i'll just copy and paste my response from another thread:

"One day, when DVD drives conform to the mt. fuji standard you will be able to read your discs in your drive. Until then, unless you want to purchase extra hardware and software for your gamecube, you can forget about it."

Vegetable

Banned
Hey hey, no need to be harsh, (sorry about the hypocracy, but I'm trying not to be such an asshat anymore) the guy just asked a simple, normal question. And the guy, if he did buy it, has a receipt for it, or he just rented it or borrowed it from a friend.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Might as well shell out the 100 bucks for a new GCN system, it'll be cheaper than upgrading your computer plus *gasp* you can play the FULL library of GCN games!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Indeed, GoGo is clever ;) If you even would try to run the games at the computer, you'd get like say 2-3 fps at most. So what's the point anyway? Get a cube and enjoy the sweetness.