What's new

Update on the ALSA plugin

guilhermef

The Alsa plugin no long exists. In its place I am writing the gap plugin (Guilherme's Audio Plugin ). Visit the gap home page and grap a copy of the latest version. So far the plugin is in its beta stages and version 1.0 is planned to be totally stable. You will notice plenty of innovation and several improvements. I hope this works much better than the las release. As a tip, try to run mupen with the plugin option "non-blocking output" disabled... In my machine this delivers perfect sound. Please, test it out and report what's good and what's bad to help me make a better software. Thanks.

txOjO

MDKEiToR
For me , the audio don't appear in mupen64, i try oss, alsa(i use alsa emu oss) 1 speakers ,2,4,5,6 and dont't respond the window of emulator (esd doesn't anything and crash emu).
Xine and xmms not try, but this night test some serious with this.
Now, it's time(isn't important rules or not for me) to greets you again gille
for your very hard work, and for the impresionant changes and for open sourceforge project.
And great Hacktarux too for your gfx plugin and my best wishes for your project "gfx plugin" and the hard work :)

The emuscene like see the programmers freedom, not slaves :) Don't convert this on war....
I'm busy this last month with my bad english :) Don't kill me!

OP
G

guilhermef

txOjO said:
For me , the audio don't appear in mupen64, i try oss, alsa(i use alsa emu oss) 1 speakers ,2,4,5,6 and dont't respond the window of emulator (esd doesn't anything and crash emu).

"audio don't appear" : may be because of sound volume which can be too low on some occasions; try to set volumes to 100;

"esd doesn't anything and crash emu": I don't understand what you mean, the plugin does not use esd and if you have esd turned on you must turn it off before playing (as a matter of fact, you should turn off a sound server, any sound server, when not using it for sound output ). When an application is using sound the sound system gets blocked so that any other application that attempts to use sound at such a time is also blocked until the device is freed; there is no crash, simply waiting.

Get back to me if you are still having problems. :luck:

Gaenya

guilhermef i got a quiestion, does the 6 speakers works???, because when i use it the sound goes like 3x times faster

OP
G

guilhermef

Gaenya said:
guilhermef i got a quiestion, does the 6 speakers works???, because when i use it the sound goes like 3x times faster

The answers to to your questio is: yes and no. You see, with alsa, and if your sound card( and driver) support surround sound, the mixer will balance the output volume among the speakers but it will not operate selectively on more than two channels. Because the sound samples are not prepared to cope with so many channels, but still they are enabled, data large enough to play on two channels will be divided among all channels and played concurrently but too fast. In the future I hope to get 6 channels working fine; until there just use two ( or four, because it might not make too much difference )

Guilhermef

txOjO

MDKEiToR
Yeah!!! already rules ñañañaña

[/QUOTE]Get back to me if you are still having problems. :luck:[/QUOTE]

GOD Returns :D
guilhermef , before post , i have an SBlive 5.1 digital, after change for my new audigy 2 ZS, some old modules, load at the boot time and when edit the file /etc/modules.conf and /etc/modules and repair this "little" problem ... my Sound are best performance in any combination of speakers and xmms runs near crystal water sound :) , only xine have problems with that plugin, but not serious as i can resolve.
Only say this is the best out and thanks again for your interest and your time
:martin64:

OP
G

guilhermef

txOjO said:
... only xine have problems with that plugin, but not serious as i can resolve.
This is a mupen list so it is not appropriate to discuss anything other than mupen issues. Therefore, if you like, send me an e-mail describing your problem and I will try to help you. Hey, it is in my best interests too! ;)

txOjO said:
Only say this is the best out and thanks again for your interest and your time