What's new

Bust a move runs TOO fast?

gcnchris

Same problem here, and my PC's nothing special: Athlon XP2100, 256MB DDR RAM, GeForce3 Ti200. I honestly never dreamed I'd be trying to slow down GameCube emulation on my system.

Lynx

I have the same problem but I don't think there should be a reason to have a frame limiter in a tech demo.

OP
M

MyBigToe

Lynx said:
I have the same problem but I don't think there should be a reason to have a frame limiter in a tech demo.

just thought that it might be a good feature for future releases

ZDragon

I don't understand why it's only 20 FPS all the time on my machine... my hardware's on the bottom...

gcnchris

ZDragon said:
I don't understand why it's only 20 FPS all the time on my machine... my hardware's on the bottom...

Hmm, that does seem a bit odd. Are your DirectX and display drivers all up to date?

ZDragon

Yes (DX 9.0b) and I'm also on the newest Catalyst driver (4.1). I don't understand it at all, those are the standard settings...

Oh BTW, I also got no sound, although I enabled the option.

gcnchris

ZDragon said:
Oh BTW, I also got no sound, although I enabled the option.

As I understand it, the sound option only enables streaming music tracks that are used in some games. As far as I know, no one is getting sound in Bust-a-Move 3000 yet. I think Crazy Taxi and Ikaruga support the streaming music option, although I don't have those games to test.

ZDragon

I will try Ikaruga today eveing or some time tomorrow then...

But just why is it so slow?

EDIT: It should still run smoothly on my comp... at least 30 FPS, I mean.

Last edited:

ZDragon

Bwah, this is weird - I'm getting almost as much FPS in Ikaruga (3D) than in Bust-A-Move (2D) - LOL

ZDragon

@ector: Definitly not, I can play games like Far Cry run at full speed with max. details on my comp...

But I solved the problem: a simple restart did the trick :p

Damn, I need a new CPU! I guess I'll get the P4 with 4,0 GHz when it's out.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ZDragon said:
@ector: Definitly not, I can play games like Far Cry run at full speed with max. details on my comp...

But I solved the problem: a simple restart did the trick :p

Damn, I need a new CPU! I guess I'll get the P4 with 4,0 GHz when it's out.
Boohoohoo, why P4?

ZDragon

First reason: AMDs are getting way too hot. Second reson, my cooler would just need to stop for five seconds and the CPU was gone, while NOTHING happens with P4. It reduces it's speed automatically or even shuts itself down, but nothing is damaged. Third reson, the AMD COU with 4 GHz was not yet announced, the Intel was :p