What's new

New to N64 emulation, need some help

pickleweasel

Hi I just started with N64 emulation, and I have been having lots of difficulties. :plain:

Here are my system specs:
Pentium 933
128 RAM
Windows ME
RIVA NVIDIA TNT2 Model 64
Direct X 8

Here are the problems I have;
With the emulator 1964, I get an error "1964 has caused an error in 1964.exe"
I tried redownloading it but it didn't work.

Supra HLE When I try to stop emulation "pressing the escape key" windows goes crazy, the fonts change and all my icons get messed up.

TR64, and TRWIN are evil, they mess up windows on my pc
:pissed:

Nemu and Project 64 seem pretty stable most of the time. and Project 64 seems to do well with some of my roms. :pj64:

I was wondering if people could help me figure out what emulators would be most compatible with the following games-

Zelda OOT
Zelda MM
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Paper Mario
F-zero X
Top Gear Rally 2
Mario 64

Thanks for your time :D
I hope I can return the favor and help some of you in the future:emutalk1:

flow``

flow``
first of all.. rename your roms with Goodn64 to make sure they are good, valid dumps.

all of those games mentioned should work on 1964. TR64, Pj64, or Nemu i believe except Banjoe tooie and Paper mario (which seems to have some sort of flashing issue)

on 1964 and tr64, be sure to Use jabo's plugin for some of those games since TR64's current OGL plugin doesn't have an INI which is desperately needs :/

OP
P

pickleweasel

I have a question about the good tool; I went to smiffs webpage, and found a link to a legend for what the letters mean. But some of the letters are followed by numbers. For instance, I have one which contains "F1" while another contains "B1"
What do the numbers signify?

CovertJaguar

Say for example that whoever compiled the list came across two bad dumps for a rom; however, both of these bad dumps where different, so they got named Bad Dump 1 and Bad Dump 2.

crhylove

Banned
compat of emus cont.

actually, 1964 runs paper mario fine for me. the ONLY one it won't approach running is banjo tooie, which is encrypted, supposedly the beta version of nemu has decrypted it somehow, but only a select few people can and do know if that is factual or not at this point, so yeah, you gotta skip tooie.

rhy

also, if u just want to play mario 64, which is a great game. use corn, it plays it better than any other emu in my experience, and it plays it better than the actual n64.

:devil: