What's new

Need Help SAving

pheonix

Hi, I need help on saving the game, because I was playing pokemon stadium 2 and I made it far, so I clicked on quick save. When I try to go back I clicked on quick load and my save file got easy and didn’t show up why? How do you save your game? I have PJ64 v.1.3.

Please help

Clements

I hope you mean PJ64 v1.5!

Anyway, try saving in the actual game itself like you would on an N64, and not using a save state, since they can corrupt themselves/not work and are over a meg in size. This way it shouldn't fail.

OP
P

pheonix

So I should save the game at the start screen like n64? And I have version 1.3 not 1.5. :eek:

Clements

First get the latest version + Service Pack:

http://pj64.emulation64.com/code/mainiframe_downloads.htm

Install that and start your game using the default plugins, and save your game as you would on a real N64. A little save file will be created in your save folder called a native state which will be in the following form:

POKEMON STADIUM 2.fla

No need to use the save states that way, and these won't corrupt like a save state will.

OP
P

pheonix

Let me get this straight. After I download that newest version plus the service park, I only need to save once and it will save by itself?

Clements

Well, your best off with the latest version regardless, since 1.3 is quite old and less compatible.

It should save when you save playing the game, like if you were playing on an N64- its all done by the emulator to simulate the N64.

Save states (as in the System>Save) should only be used in emergencies IMO and not all the time.

Clements

Unless Pokemon Stadium 2 does not use native (in-game) saves, you don't have to even touch the GUI of Project64, especially since you've had it fail on you using save states.

I suggest you read the help file:

Using Project64 > saving & loading game progress

Hopefully this will help you understand what is going on.