What's new

Using RUMBLE crashes comp. for ALL GLIDE64 USERS

Legend

Using RUMBLE crashes comp. for GLIDE64 USERS

With all Glide64 versions, whenever rumble is inserted during game (when prompted to), I go back to the game, sound stutters a bit and the game plays really fast for a couple seconds. Then whenever esc. is hit to get back to desktop, it goes back but the sound is in a stuttering endless loop and i have NO control over my comp. If I insert the rumble pak THEN start the game it works fine but you can't really do that too much with all the controller pak games out there. I've tried other N-RAGE plugins but it happens on ALL. It happens with all games with varying types of rom settings.
I really hope I get more replies then my last topic especially considering how BIG this bug is-No rumble for Glide64 users. And I use Glide64 for almost all my games since they look better and play faster with it. So please someone help me here. I would really like to see what Shibo thinks about all this. :bye3:

Last edited:

zman

Legend said:
With all Glide64 versions, whenever rumble is inserted during game (when prompted to), I go back to the game, sound stutters a bit and the game plays really fast for a couple seconds. Then whenever esc. is hit to get back to desktop, it goes back but the sound is in a stuttering endless loop and i have NO control over my comp. If I insert the rumble pak THEN start the game it works fine but you can't really do that too much with all the controller pak games out there. I've tried other N-RAGE plugins but it happens on ALL. It happens with all games with varying types of rom settings.
I really hope I get more replies then my last topic especially considering how BIG this bug is-No rumble for Glide64 users. And I use Glide64 for almost all my games since they look better and play faster with it. So please someone help me here. I would really like to see what Shibo thinks about all this. :bye3:

Say I know what your going through sort of. For me I used a voodoo 3 on glide64 and went to full screen with alt+enter to start the game and when I needed to set the rumble, I had to alt+enter to get to the menu to change to rumble and then alt+enter to get back to the game and that is where she stuck to catch up and the sound would go go go go go go go go and no video. Is the close to what you experience. What I believe is going on is the emulator gets out of sinc and looses it instruction code and loops to find itself. But for me what I did was to alt+enter to get to the menu, pause the emulator, changed the plugin and unpaused the emulator, and hit alt+enter to continue. That way the sound cache was not to far from the original pause. The other option is to start the rom with no sound plugin and do the same as you do change the rumble and see if that works. If it does work, experiment with different sound plugins, maybe that is where the emulator is hangin'

OP
Legend

Legend

You are the f-ing MAN!!!! It's works fine now. Thank you. It was so simple yet I probably would never have figured to do that. Goddamn you rock!
I do hope though that Schibo looks into this so we won't have to do this trick in the future.