What's new

Some problems with DK 64 (barrel blast sections...)

Skaarj

I have two questions about DK 64:

1) Is there any possibility to get the game working correctly with jabo's D3D 1.5.1 plugin on 1964 0.99? The game runs really well with RiceDaedalus 5.2.0 on my graphics card, but nevertheless I get less graphics errors when using jabo's plugin.
I would play it with Project 64 but this nasty core bug gives me the creeps.
Can anyone help me out here or is it just impossible to play the game with jabo's D3D 1.5.1 plugin on 1964 0.99?

2) Does anyone know how to manage those barrel blast sections? The thing is that DK falls down to early after being shot out of the barrel. It is impossible to clear these stages under such circumstances.
Is there any solution for this problem or do I have to wait for the next version of 1964?

Thanks in advance.

-Shadow-

Banned
My DK64 can't get further than the intro cutscene , it just hangs , the music runs but not the graphic . It looks like the game got lag :D

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
Skaarj said:

1) Is there any possibility to get the game working correctly with jabo's D3D 1.5.1 plugin on 1964 0.99? The game runs really well with RiceDaedalus 5.2.0 on my graphics card, but nevertheless I get less graphics errors when using jabo's plugin.
Can anyone help me out here or is it just impossible to play the game with jabo's D3D 1.5.1 plugin on 1964 0.99?

2) Does anyone know how to manage those barrel blast sections? The thing is that DK falls down to early after being shot out of the barrel. It is impossible to clear these stages under such circumstances.
Is there any solution for this problem or do I have to wait for the next version of 1964?

Thanks in advance.

1. Just move the plugin dll over to the plugins folder.
2. I have that problem too.

scotty

The Great One
Skaarj said:

Thanks in advance.

The Counter Factor needs to be managed in this game. It is the most common bug in emulation history. To get into the first barrell, make sure you use CF3 or 4, save game position (with the emulator, not insdie the game), close up the game, change the counter factor to 6 or 7, go back into the game and finish up the job.

Donkey Kong 64 is still not perfect, but many of the bugs are fixed in 1964 0.99. Jabos and Rices plugins run efficiently on this game, I do not recommend any others. Schibos audio and Azimers .55.1 aplha both run this game perfectly

Knuckles

scotty said:
To get into the first barrell, make sure you use CF3 or 4, save game position (with the emulator, not insdie the game), close up the game, change the counter factor to 6 or 7, go back into the game and finish up the job.

1st: you dont need to close the emu at all, 1964 0.9.9 supports in-game CF change (CTRL+ (number of CF)) like CTRL+3 to switch to CF3. To get pass the intro, as teh game start, put the CF at 5 or 6 and pass the intro, after you can get back to CF3.

2nd: my CF is at 3 at the barrel part too I'll try put something else, I'll tell you if it work.

EDIT: ok, got it to work.as soon as the screen turn black, press CTRL+8 to put at CF8, it should work perfectly after it's done, just switch back to CF3 with CTRL+3. :) have a good play time I was stuck here too :)

Last edited:

scotty

The Great One
Knuckles said:
EDIT: ok, got it to work.as soon as the screen turn black, press CTRL+8 to put at CF8, it should work perfectly after it's done, just switch back to CF3 with CTRL+3. :) have a good play time I was stuck here too :)

Every Processor is different. That is why I said 6 or 7, for me CF 7 does the job fine for the most part.

Knuckles

well, CF7 worked too but not all the time (fell right at start 50% of the time). I had no prob with the CF8 though (got it 100% each times)...