what are you code the video in???

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mainframe19

what are you codeing the video in???

opengl?

or directx?

and how where did you find the infor. on how the gc draws it's gfx and video so fast???

i am asking because of yet no other gc emu can do the gfx that you are doing that now!

are you using the gc dev kit??? to help make this emu??

and where do you find all of your infor. about the gc's hardware and software???

Last edited:

[vEX]

niechift.com
Either Direct3D or OpenGL, and I'm pretty sure they did some reverse-engineering too get information.

Remote

My beliefs I put elsewhere really but my trust is on.. :p

A hardware version of OGL, means what? Every command is a 1 or 0 ?

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
It'd make sense to code it in OpenGL since it's both more similar to what the GameCube uses and has the best portability.

Zilla

夢を見られた
The GC uses ATI OpenGL.

Image Processing Functions:

Fog, Subpixel Anti-aliasing, 8 Hardware Lights, Alpha Blending, Virtual Texture Design, Multi-texturing, Bump Mapping, Environment Mapping, MIP Mapping, Bilinear Filtering, Trilinear Filtering, Anisotropic Filtering, Real-time Hardware Texture Decompression (S3TC), Real-time Decompression of Display List, HW 3-line Deflickering filter.

Last edited:

Azimer

Emulator Developer
You will need pixel shaders to use Dolphin's graphics plugin. I am unsure, but you may need at least pixel shaders 2.0.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Oh my oO, version 2.0 comes first in the later-gen cards, such as gf fx.
Gf4 ti only supports 1.4 afaik.

ZDragon

At least my grphics card should be very much compatible with the Emu - I also believe they will use OpenGL.

ZDragon

Uhm, you DO know that 3dfx doesn't exist anymore? Also meaning that current graphics cards are MUCH faster than any Voodoo ever was?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ZDragon said:
Uhm, you DO know that 3dfx doesn't exist anymore? Also meaning that current graphics cards are MUCH faster than any Voodoo ever was?
Game + glide + voodoo = X
Game + Direct3D/openGL + any other card = X/2

It's still the cold truth, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.