What's new

Fast?

Remote

A really fast computer, a couple of years to let the authors iron out the bugs and patience from your side since it isn't released yet.. ;-)

OP
nintendo64ro

nintendo64ro

Just do it!
Remote said:
A really fast computer, a couple of years to let the authors iron out the bugs and patience from your side since it isn't released yet.. ;-)

okey... but... i have a older computer for a long time a go.. and the Clemet guy say: MY GAMECUBE ARE FASTER THEN YOUR COMPUTER... THE GC IS A 700MHz..
sow.... :watsup:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Isn't the emualtion rule of thumb 3 x the speed of the consoles processor to emualte anywhere near fullspeed?

Stezo2k

S-2K
Hexidecimal said:
Isn't the emualtion rule of thumb 3 x the speed of the consoles processor to emualte anywhere near fullspeed?

possibly for HLE, but i'd say 10X in most cases, mabe more

loleoc

Game Cube processor runs at 400 mhz. If Nintendo 64 emulators require to play all games flawessly a Pentium 3 1.2 ghz then a GameCube emulator will require a Pentium 4 or Athlon XP

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
485mhz, actually. ;)

Why being so vague? You can't assume any requirements until a stable product is developed. Look at UHLE, for example. Sure it used alot of tricks, but who says Dolphin doesn't? :sp_canada

Flash

Technomage
loleoc said:
Game Cube processor runs at 400 mhz. If Nintendo 64 emulators require to play all games flawessly a Pentium 3 1.2 ghz then a GameCube emulator will require a Pentium 4 or Athlon XP

MHz, Ghz, KHz, Pentium 4...

It depends on architecture not megahertz, kilobunnies etc... :)

N64 is faster than Saturn but minimum reqs for fullspeed emulation of N64 game is about 300Mhz K6-2 and fastest Saturn game require about GHz...
Even GC's cpu which can be compared with 800Mhz P3 will require a lot of CPU horsepower but don't forget about video... So full speed emulation w/ sound will require at least A64 (on 64-bit OS) with very good video card (think about R9800)

Oh... GCHle (tm) :) Yep, pretty possible but 8-10fps/GHz is the maximum. Of course 2D puzzle games can run faster but....

P.S. P4 1.7 is slower than P3 1.2 :)

loleoc

Flash, have you got a Voodoo 5 6000!!! wowwwwww!! It is the best card on the earth!!! with 4 chips!!!!! 128 mb!!! and is Voodoo!!!. Super card!.

Flash

Technomage
loleoc said:
Flash, have you got a Voodoo 5 6000!!! wowwwwww!! It is the best card on the earth!!! with 4 chips!!!!! 128 mb!!! and is Voodoo!!!. Super card!.
Yep. But how about Quantum3D QX 8464 ? :D :D :D

Stezo2k

S-2K
oh yeah, i forgot the GC has a powerpc processor, that will take a very fast X86 based CPU to emulate it full speed, to be realistic, we are talking more than 3GHz using low level emulation, if it was using HLE, well that would be a different case, it probably run near full speed on a high spec system at the moment

Last edited:

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Which is cool since I plan to upgrade to an ATI Radeon 9800 XT (or something similar) and a really fast 32-bit processor. Probably the last of the AMD Athlon XP series.