What's new

darn...kirby 64

jessman1988

Banned
Hey, I've tried every plugin out there, and the life bar in Kirby 64 won't stop being screwed. Can someone tell me how to get it to display properly? Also, why is it that the Jaboo plugins don't work right in 1964? Examples are Conker and the Mario Party games. Please respond.

Trotterwatch

I think someone mentioned that changing the sound plugin fixes some issues with Jabos graphics and the latest 1964 (not 100% on that).

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
Trotterwatch said:
I think someone mentioned that changing the sound plugin fixes some issues with Jabos graphics and the latest 1964 (not 100% on that).

Well, Trotter...thanks. Conker works better, but the freakin' Mario Party games are still flickery. Oh well, I guess I'll use PJ64 for that. Hey, can you PLEASE help me with Kirby? If you can't, can you tell me what plugin plays Smash Bros. properly besides Glide64 w/Evoodoo? Jaboo is flawless, but the stupid projectiles/sheilds are STILL screwed up. Thanks for always being there to answer my questions.

P.S. I respect your authoritare!

Trotterwatch

I always use Jabos with Force normal blending on for Smash Bros. Some have reported that fixes the black box issue, some have said it doesn't (not sure what the shields/projectile issue is, though I am guessing this may fix that too).

glN64 works for me too.

As for Kirby, not sure really - I haven't ever played the game much. Worth trying glN64 with that too I guess, or Rices in GL.

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
Trotterwatch said:
I always use Jabos with Force normal blending on for Smash Bros. Some have reported that fixes the black box issue, some have said it doesn't (not sure what the shields/projectile issue is, though I am guessing this may fix that too).

glN64 works for me too.

As for Kirby, not sure really - I haven't ever played the game much. Worth trying glN64 with that too I guess, or Rices in GL.

Force Normal Blending doesn't fix the issue I'm talking about. I hope that someone else on here knows what I mean. Certain things are drawn on the screen at the wrong angle and this gives an effect that mario's fireball, link's bomb, the z-button sheild, etc. are all squished. Darn.

Also, NONE of those fix Kirby. Oh well, thanks anyway.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
jessman1988 said:
Force Normal Blending doesn't fix the issue I'm talking about. I hope that someone else on here knows what I mean. Certain things are drawn on the screen at the wrong angle and this gives an effect that mario's fireball, link's bomb, the z-button sheild, etc. are all squished. Darn.

Yup, the flat looking shields and objects right? glN64() fixes that.

It might be a little off-subject, but why every rom of Kirby 64 I downloaded are faster than the real game-speed and there is no sound?

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
tidanone said:
It might be a little off-subject, but why every rom of Kirby 64 I downloaded are faster than the real game-speed and there is no sound?

jeez. Sorry man. I've never had that problem, sorry.

BTW gln64 may fix the sheild problems, but everything is kinda glitchy with it.

P.S. It's slow too.

Last edited:

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
... that sure is weird, my ssb runs smooth with no glitches :/
force normal blending does ficx the black box, but even without it, there's no other glitches i guess, i played it everyday lol :p

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
co_p3rth said:
... that sure is weird, my ssb runs smooth with no glitches :/
force normal blending does ficx the black box, but even without it, there's no other glitches i guess, i played it everyday lol :p

Yo, you're just using Jaboo 1.5.1 with nothing fancy selected but "force normal blending"? hm...i have to use Glide64 for this game cuz it's PERFECT with Evoodoo, and the only glitch i can think of is pikachu has a LITTLE white thing on his neck. With Jaboo, everything is flawless but when I shoot Mario's fireball or throw a bomb with Link, or even use my Z-sheild those items' graphics are shown positioned wrong, giving the effect of "scrunched" gfx. How can I be having this and you NOT?

Also, with Jaboo I play Zelda and it's almost 100% but when I open a treasure chest the glow is BLACK instead of golden. Can someone tell me wt is wrong with my pc? I downgraded my graphics to the 40s instead of 50s like Trotterwatch told me.

Trotterwatch

That effect uses a blending mode in Jabos plugin that is only accessible with GF3 and above cards (one of the only games to use one of these it seems).

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
Trotterwatch said:
That effect uses a blending mode in Jabos plugin that is only accessible with GF3 and above cards (one of the only games to use one of these it seems).

DARN! well, thanks anyway for the info trotterwatch.