What's new

Zelda OoT - another castle problem =/

alienz

Hi

I am using PJ64 with SP and I am playing Zelda OOT v1.0 (U).

I am stuck near the beginning of the game where you go to meet Saria at the Castle. I jump over the water to the small hole you crawl through, but once I enter the courtyard, the camera does zoom out, but does not change when I sneak past guards.

Now it has been a while since I played this game but I am sure it is supposed to change once you go to the left edge of the screen or something...

To get a better idea, the camera does not change at all when running around all edges of this screen:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/pytrst/1.JPG

Also, I've tried all of the things mentioned in the thread below... where the problem was similar to mine, but not exactly the same.

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=5876&highlight=zelda+castle

If anyone has a save state just after the whole talk with Saria, preferably outside the castle, I would appreciate it.

Alternately, If you have a save state when you just become an adult and you exit the Temple of Time, that would probably be better - (this is where I was actually up to before I lost my save game :))

Thanks!

alienz :alien:

[email protected]

Last edited:

J-Man

I think at that point in the game you can't go see her. Either that or it's cause it's night time. Either way, I'm pretty sure that the camera angle isn't suppose to change there.

OP
A

alienz

This is just before waking up the fat sleeping guy with the chicken, outside the small hole, I'm pretty sure it is the right time to see her.

But I remember doing this part before, and I did do it during the day... unfortunatly for me the game hangs in PJ64 if I try enter the hole during the day... that's why I'm going at night =/

But you can't go there during the night... Only the day... But if you can't go during day, well... Besides... It's not Saria... It's Zelda!

I should restart that game for a game site soon. If I can get you to that place, you sure can count on me to send you a save state. I don't know when, but if someone already send you one, one more will surely back you up for the next time your saved games will be erase! (insert happy face here cause I don't know how...). Well...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
As said, the camera only zooms out on day time. But...if you're using save states, perhaps saving in the game and reloading might help a little.

Davemc

Dave
Yeah I had this problem when I tried to play on my WW bonus disc.
I didn't realise you could only go in during the day, and as it had been a good 4 or 5 years since I had last done that part, I didn't know what the fuck was going on. :D

OP
A

alienz

But I can't go during the day... the game hangs when the screen blacks out after going in the hole, and it stays in blackness :(

Also getting caught just throws me out and there is no difference the second time around.